Chapter 5

"BEEEEEETH!!!!" Yells Joseph from somewhere in the apartment "I will find you ducky!" He taunts as I pull myself into a tight ball while hiding under the desk.

I can hear my heart thundering in my chest as the rain beats down against the cool glass that I lean on.

Why am I hiding from Stamps as if he was the hulk? Well I may or may not have hidden the Ni No Kuni disc...That I am now gripping tightly.

"Where aaaaare yoooooooou?" He mutters as I hear his footsteps get louder.

BA-THUMP! BA-THUMP!

Goes my heart as I look up from my ball position to a wide grinning Joseph.

"Hello...How's life, cheeky ducky?" He jokes "Ta. Pass the disc" he moves his hand in a beckoning motion to pass the disc.

"Never!" I challenge, squinting my eyes playfully.

"You left me with no choice." He tells me as he knees to my eye level. "TICKLES!"

And that's when his fingers start tickling and I burst out laughing.

****(1 min later)****

"Aooow..." I mumble softly as I rub my ribs that have been over tickled.

"Sowwy" whispers Joseph as I look down and he has a puppy dog face "Can I rub it better?"

"Um...Okay" I answer, feeling my cheeks lightly burn.

He is on YOUR lap and he want to rub it bette-

My thoughts were interrupted as a warm thumb strokes my ribs

"What do you want to do Beth?" He asks looking up at me

"Well you could keep rubbing the- yeah...Right there" I sigh as he rubs the space between my rib cage and my hip in a circular motion.

"Yeah...I love this too but do you wanna go to the park or something?" He smiles "It's September...Still kinda warm slash cool...It's Autumy an-"

"Stop trying to convince me...I'll go now if that's what you wanted..." I tease and start to get up but he grips my ankle.

"No...Must. Get. Up. From. Soft. Surface." He groans and I laugh. I pick up his head gently and set it on a near pillow.

"There's your soft pillow... Now... Where is my coat?" I wonder as I look through the clothing on the hangers. I pull out my turquoise fleece coat. This is warm enough...

"You're mean Beth!" He grumbles with a faint smile, trying to stay serious "come on! Park!"

He stands up and offers his hand to me for us to stroll.
********************
"DUCKLINGS" I breathe out, giving them some of my breadcrumbs.

Stampy smiles at me and kisses my forehead as I feel the mutant butterflies attack me again. I can't believe that a week or so ago I was wishing for Joseph to like me back and he has...I've been here for a week and I LOVE it!

Then I look up at him and shiver a bit as a gust of the cold wind blows by my neck.

His hands cup my cheeks and he smiles softly before planting a quick kiss on my lips.

"Let's get you home...Don't want a shivering Beth do we?" He asks me and I sigh

"Yeah...We have been here for an hour or so...And I could use some hot cocoa " I tell him and with that he wraps an arm round my waist and starts walking, as I struggle to keep up.

********************

"I will make the cocoa, you can sit on the couch with the crochet blanket to warm you up. Why not pick a movie on Netflix as well?" He tells me once we step into the house.

I take off my coat and walk over to Joseph who still had his coat on.

"Jo...It's too warm for you..." I start as I peel his jacket off. He stops everything and assists me to take it off. "There...I'll hang it up"

I tell him and start to take off but he pulls me into his embrace and kisses the top of my head.

"Thank you Beth" then he lets me go and I turn to kiss his cheek before I go to hang his coat.

I like knowing that he likes me as his girlfriend...AND he is not shy to tell me ANYTHING! I mean... I've been his...I don't know...Counsellor? Does that work?

I place the coat on the hook and make my way to the couch. I flop all my weight on it as I curl in the blanket, flicking through films until I find my favourite.

"What are we watching?" Asks Joseph, just as found it. He passes me the mug of cocoa and I smile.

"You'll see"
******************
******************
HEEEEEEEEY PEOPLE!

Did I tell you that you are FABULOUS? NO?! Well...YOU ARE!

Hehe...The reason I am cray and excited is that:

1.I have 100 views...WOAH! May not be allot to some but I consider each viewer a nice person to do so

2 . Mother's day is coming as well as my birthday and I love these weekends because...Hello? Mom and daughter day?

3. I am nervous for my upcoming exam so if I don't finish it...Psh! Don't stress. That's my job.

Overall these weeks in May are gonna be a roller coaster for ne so please please please don't hate me for anything late.

Love yall,
LOESJE10 ❤