Chapter 18

5 years later...

"WOAH!" I warn as the couch me and Jo were lifting started to tremble in my hands. "CAREFULL!"

The couch is plonked on the floor as Joseph and I relax in our chair...All done. FINALLY!

"I am really happy we can do this..." I smile. It's nice to move from the apartment to a house. It's a traditional style house but we liked it.

I look at my hand, the engagement ring glistening in the light of the curtain-less windows.

I recall the memory...

******
A regular Sunday,
We stroll into the park, walk around the autumn coloured leaves as we hold hands.

Finding the pond he took me to a few years ago we sat down on a near log.

His face was flushed with emotions that danced like a light show. I kiss his cheek, like I usually do to calm him.

"B-b-beth...I've known you for a while and...I w-want to ask you a question." He mutters putting his hand in his pocket.

He gets on one knee as he pulls out the ring,
"Bethany Bates? I would...we would...Um...Will you marry me?"

Tears brim my eyes as I hug him tightly.

"Yes...I will" I smile.
***********
"Joseph...I just can't believe I'm becoming a Garret! Yay!" I dance around and grab Joseph's hand as I dance with him

He smiles a huge grin and lifts me up into his arms. I climb off and stand on the counch. He gives me a wierd look as I use my index and wave in a circular motion so that he turns around.

I jump on his back.

"FOR NARNIA!!" I hollar as he uses his arms and makes me let go of my arms and legs as I fall on the couch.

I lie down and and he does so as well...Just on top of me. He gives a cheeky grin reminding me of a few nights before.

I give him a smirk before placing a kiss on his cheek. Squirming away from his dumbfounded self.

I smile and walk over to my wardrobe. Looking for an outfit for this evening.

Last night being 22. Hm.

I walk over to my phone, taking a look at my old apps. I turn on Sound Cloud and play 22 by Taylor Swift. Old, I know.

"I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU! BUT I'M FEELING 22!!" I sing, dancing around our room.

"TWENTY TWOOOO!!" I sing.

"TWENTY TWOOOOOOOOO" I sing but is cut off with Joseph's:
"TWENTY EIGHT!"

I spin round. Turning off Sound Cloud.

"Awww..." he moped. "I'm probably never going to hear that again!"

"We can play it another time..." I suggest. "Hey...I have to get ready"

I walk to the wardrobe, like I did before that funny idea. And pick out a black dress.

A sleeveless dress that has a sow in corset, and flows outward ending just before the knee.

Designs of flowers decorate the fabric. I put it on and try to do my back. Jo staring at me in deep thought.

"Are you gonna zip me up or are you just gonna sit there?" I ask, snapping him out his thoughts.

I am so excited for this evening. I hope it will be a good time to tell him...About the surprise. Maybe.
************
***********
Hey yall!
I'm back!

I have been struggling with a skin infection that's been making me get sick on and off. Not only that, but cos it's my shin, my feet fall asleep quicker.

So it's been hard for me...

Hope you enjoy this chappy. I wonder what the surprise is...All will be revealed soon!

LOESJE10 ❤