10. Magic

Finally, it was time for magic. I won't say I'm glad to be doing it, but it's better than waiting around. I head over to the magic classroom. It doesn't occur to me until I'm halfway there that I should've brought my sword, or at least my daggers. It's too late now to go back to grab it and still arrive on time, so I hope I won't need it.

Nico is waiting for me.
"Sapphire hi! Welcome to magic class. We decided it was best for you to take a solo class for now, but you can change it if you want." I shake my head. I don't need people looking at me here. At swordfighting I could hide, but I don't think I could hide here.

"Okay, so what I want you to do is summon your power." He stops there so I do as I'm told. "Okay good, now imagine you clicking through to your next power." As soon as I do, the soft glow switches to something more splashy and blue. Water. "Good! Now I need you to keep doing that until you get back to Light." I do, and he writes everything down. Apart from Light and Water, I also have Earth, Air, and Fire.

"Well done! Your magic is really strong because most people only really have two or three powers. Like me! See? I have Ice, Light, and Healing," I'm surprised that my magic is strong enough to do all those things. I try to remember Nico's powers for my report tomorrow.

"Ok, so for the rest of the time I'm going to teach you a couple self defence spells for your Light and we'll learn about how to use your other powers next class, k?" I nod, knowing now not to ask about offence.

I learned how to create a shield in front of me, and how to push other people away with it before class ended. I tried to not seem disappointed, but I think Nico noticed, because this is what he said. "Don't worry about it, you'll be coming here tomorrow!" I laugh with him.

As I prepare to go, I notice the sleeves on his Minion Robe are different colours. He notices me staring. "Oh this? This patch means I was Jailed, and this patch means I'm a retired Jailer. I could have just the two colours on my robe, for Minion and magic, but I like showing off part of my past." I nod, storing that away for later.

As I walk out of class, I think about how much fun it was doing magic. I shouldn't have been able to have so much fun, because magic is quote unquote, 'evil'. But I'm not sure. Because when I did the magic, I learnt how to protect myself first. If it was evil, would it even have protecting capabilities? I don't know.

I guess I'll head down to dinner.

a/n A short chapter today! Just to let you know, the next chapter will NOT be dinner. It'll be after. Have a nice day, Sapphire (the author).