22

At the Kocovali's house, the next morning. Hazal woke up from her sleep and looked beside her. She sighed when she didn't see Vartolu there. Vartolu didn't come home again last night, she thought. I hope Idris bey is ok. Then she sat up and leaned against the headboard. "I can't believe my dad wants me to kill Vartolu." She said quietly. He has seriously gone and lost his mind. She stood up from the bed and began to pace back and forth. What am I going to do? Why the hell am I thinking about this like I am considering doing it? I won't do it. I refuse!

At the hospital, Selim walked towards Vartolu who was sat down staring at the ground. Selim sat next to him and handed him the cup of coffee. "Thanks for the coffee." Vartolu said. "You look like you needed it." Selim said. Vartolu sipped his coffee, "Have you set up surveillance on Kaan?" He asked. "Kemal is on him. And your friend Medet is watching Hazal." Selim said. "Tell Kemal to cover him 24/7." Vartolu said. "He knows. So how did dinner go last night?" Selim asked. "It was hard to not put a bullet in Kaan's head." Vartolu said. "All in good time, Vartolu." Selim said whilst sipping his coffee. "Oh and Hazal's sister was there." Vartolu said. "Sister?" Selim asked. "Sorry, half sister." Vartolu said. "What's she like?" Selim asked. "I'd put my life on her being as sneaky as her father." Vartolu said. "But?" Selim said. "But I could use her to my advantage where Hazal is concerned." Vartolu said. "Are they not close?" Selim asked. "Nope, they hate each other. Anyway, what time is Yamac arriving?" Vartolu said. "He should be here in a few hours." Selim said. Vartolu nodded and stood up from his seat and walked towards Idris' room.

Sultan was sat beside Idris, holding his hand. Vartolu walked in and she looked up at him. "Hey. Yamac, Hatice and Kadir will be here soon." Vartolu said. "Ok, son. Are they staying at the house?" Sultan asked. Vartolu nodded, "Yes. I think they are." He said. Vartolu yawned and Sultan gave him a smile, "Go home and get some sleep, Vartolu. You have been here all night." She said. "I'm fine." Vartolu said. "Please, Vartolu. I don't want to be worrying about you too." Sultan said. "Ok. I will go home for a few hours." Vartolu said. "Ok, Vartolu. I will see you soon." Sultan said. Vartolu nodded and walked out of the room.

At the house, Vartolu had reached home and he was entering the bathroom but at the same time Hazal was coming out of the bathroom. The two bumped into each other and stared at each other. "Vartolu, you scared me. How is your dad?" Hazal said. "Like you care." Vartolu said. "Of course I care. Why are you blaming me? I didn't shoot your dad." Hazal said. No, but I bet you know who did. Vartolu thought as he stared angrily at her. Hazal moved closer to him. "I miss how things were in the Bahamas." She said. "Don't, Hazal." Vartolu shouted. "I miss you." Hazal said. Vartolu's gaze softened as he looked at her. She placed her hands on his face, "Please, Vartolu." She said and then placed a kiss on his cheek. Vartolu leaned in and kissed her. What the hell am I doing?

A few hours later, the two were asleep on the bed. Vartolu sat up and rubbed the back of his neck. "Fuck, what time is it?" He said. As he was about to look at his phone, he received a call. "Hello?" He said. "Ok, tell Yamac I will be down in a minute." He said. Hazal woke up and made her way towards Vartolu. "Is everything ok?" She asked. Vartolu turned around and glared at her. "Please don't shut me out again." Hazal said. "Listen, Hazal. This was a mistake." Vartolu said. "You don't mean that." Hazal said. Vartolu sighed, "For fuck's sake, Hazal. Why are you doing this?" He said. "What the hell have you got to gain from still being here?" He shouted. "What do you mean?" Hazal asked. Vartolu took a deep breath, Give me strength. He then walked in the bathroom and shut the door. What is wrong with him lately? Hazal thought. Well, Hazal. Throwing yourself at him is not helping.

Vartolu walked in the kitchen to see Yamac stood there waiting for him. "Yamac, sorry for keeping you waiting." Vartolu said. "It's ok, abi. How are you holding up?" Yamac asked. "Don't ask. Where is grandma?" Vartolu asked. "Grandma and Zehra went straight to the hospital from the airport." Yamac said. "We can talk in the car on the way to the hospital." Vartolu said. Yamac nodded and the two made their way out.