30

Hazal ran as fast as she can. When she reached a corner, she placed her hand on it, breathing heavily. I can't believe this. How the hell am I going to get on that plane now? They will watch every plane leaving for Turkmenistan. I need to think of something else. Hazal stared at the clothes she was wearing. I need to go and buy some clothes. I'm just drawing attention to myself dressed like this.

___

At the warehouse, Idris stood with Vartolu and Selim. "Where are Metin and Celasun?" Idris asked. "Gone to see Kemal." Vartolu spoke. He was staring at the floor. "There is still no sign of Hazal either." He said. "We will find her, Vartolu. But first we will arrange Kemal's funeral." Idris said. Vartolu nodded. "Did you call Esra?" Selim asked. "I'm going to call her now." Idris said. "Who's Esra?" Vartolu asked. "Kemal's sister." Idris said. "We may fly her in for the funeral." Selim said.

"I know. I will go and call her now and then we will go and see Kemal." Idris said. Selim and Vartolu nodded. Idris left the room. "I didn't know Kemal had a sister." Vartolu said. "She lives in Antalya. I haven't seen her in years. But Kemal visits her a few times a year." Selim said. Vartolu nodded. He walked to the cabinet and grabbed a drink.

A few hours later, Idris, Selim and Vartolu drove off to the morgue to see Kemal. Metin and Celasun were stood outside the morgue. Idris, Selim and Vartolu walked towards them. "Idris baba." Celasun said. "Did you see him?" Idris asked. Celasun nodded. "Did you speak to Esra?" Metin asked in a low voice. Idris nodded. "She is flying here tomorrow so the funeral is set in two days time." He said.

Metin walked away. "Celasun, go after him. We are going to go and see Kemal." Idris said. Celasun nodded and walked after Metin. "Do you both want to see him?" Idris asked. Vartolu and Selim both nodded. Idris walked in first. He took a deep breath when he saw Kemal's body. "I'm sorry Kemal. I will make sure Esra is looked after." He said.

Vartolu and Selim stood beside Idris, staring at Kemal's body. "I will miss you, abi." Vartolu said. "We will get them all, Kemal." Selim said. "And that's a promise." Vartolu said. "Sleep tight, son." Idris said.

___

Hazal was on the train. She had gotten changed into some black jeans, a dark green top, and a black jacket. Nearly there. She thought. I really hope this works. The train stopped at her destination. She stood up. I guess I'm about to find out.

As Hazal walked into the building, she took the lift to the 4th floor. She stopped in front of the door and took a deep breath. Here goes nothing. She knocked on the door and waited for an answer. As soon as the door opened, she stared at him. "Surprise." She said.

___

At the Kocovalis home, Idris opened Karaca's bedroom door. She was sat at the end of her bed, her back facing him, quietly sobbing. He walked towards her and sat down on her bed. "What's wrong, Karaca?" He asked. Karaca wiped her tears away. "Babaanne told me about Kemal." She said. "Why did he have to die?" Karaca choked back tears.

Idris sighed. "I don't know, Karaca. Sometimes these things just happen." He said. "I want to go to the funeral." Karaca said. "Ok, sweetheart. Now go to bed and get some sleep." Idris said. Karaca nodded but she couldn't hold her tears back. Idris pulled her into his chest and she cried. "Everything will be ok." He said.

___

Hazal had arrived at Medet's apartment. He looked at her confused. "What's going on? Where is Vartolu?" He asked. "I don't know where Vartolu is but I need your help." Hazal said. "What happened?" Medet asked. "I don't know if you know who my father is or what he is." Hazal said. "I know he is the leader of the Bronze Dragons." Medet said.