Chapter 15 The Last Resort

3rd POV

Omori was walking through the forest, looking for his friends. He hadn't seen them in the stump or anywhere else. He hadn't seen any kids around.

Eventually, his search led him to the sea, and on the dock stood Mari.

"Omori... You're here." she said, "I'm so glad you found me."

"Kel, Aubrey, Hero, and all the children are gone. There's a thick fog enveloping the entire forest... Everywhere, except here. Maybe our friends are somewhere across the water."

"Let's find them together. Do you want to join me?"

Omori nodded and Mari smiled, "Thank, little brother. I knew I could count on you. I'll keep you company, so you're not alone. I know you really hate that."

Omori walked to the edge of the water. He faltered. The water seemed to be reaching out to him, trying to drag him down to the murky depths.

"Steady your heartbeat... Don't be afraid. It's not as scary as you think."

Omori took a deep breath. And just like that.

OMORI IS NO LONGER AFRAID OF DROWNING

The siblings waded into the water and began paddling farther and farther into the foggy, vast blue sea. They reached a series of bridges connected like a maze. They eventually reached the end of the bridges.

"Omori, I'm so proud of you. You swam all the way here, even though you've always been terrified of water. But there's still one big thing you're afraid of, isn't there? Something... a little bit harder to overcome." Mari asked.

They kept walking down the winding bridges until they reached the end. Mari turned to look at Omori.

"It seems that you have been running from something. Something you don't want to face. Are you okay with that?"

She turned back to face the sea.

"You've seen these waters, right? The last time you went to the lake. You still haven't told me what you did there tough."

Mari turned to face Omori again, "I have to go through. I know I shouldn't have come... I just don't want him to be lonely anymore. It's not my place to say anymore, but... I hope you figure things out with him... Sunny... I really want us to all get along again."

There was a bright light and there stood, Mari. The real Mari. A long thin hand emerged from the sea and Mari took it.

 A long thin hand emerged from the sea and Mari took it

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Goodbye... little brother..."

Mari and the hand slowly faded away. Omori's heart suddenly throbbed painfully. It felt like something was squeezing him, trying to strangle him.

He quickly dove into the water to get away. The water suddenly started spinning faster and faster. Omori was soon sucked into a whirlpool and dragged down underneath the surface.