Chapter 17 Stop asking me

3rd POV

Omori was walking through the Vast Forest. A thin lair of fog obscured his view. He stumbled into the playground. The place was deserted, no kids were playing there, the whole place was eerily quiet.

"Omori!!"

He turned to see Mari waving at him from her picnic blanket, next to her sat Y/n who managed a weak smile like he usually does. Omori walked towards the two.

"Slow day huh? Not a lot of kids showed up today." Mari said, looking around the empty playground, "I went to check on Hero, Kel, and Aubrey but I couldn't find them. Weird huh?"

Then she smiled and wrapped her arms around Y/n's waist, "But I managed to find this little cutie right here!" she gushed.

Y/n face went red and he started sputtering again, "M-M-Mari please..."

"Aw, come on! You are my little cutie!!"

Y/n's face somehow got even more redder than before. His stuttering got so bad that it came to the point where you couldn't even understand what he was saying.

After Mari flirted with Y/n a couple more times, making Y/n begin steaming, she sent off Omori and Y/n together.

The two walked through the forest, Y/n fanning himself to calm his thundering heart. Omori glanced at Y/n's red face. He didn't say anything to him.

As they went deeper into the forest and thin fog started surrounding them.

"A b-b-b-bit f-f-foggy today, isn't it?" Y/n said, trying to start a conversation.

Omori didn't respond and just left Y/n feeling awkward.

As they walked deeper, they came across Basil's flower gardens, all the plants were withered and dried out, obviously not been cared by anyone for a while.

They walked deeper and deeper the fog getting thicker and the tree around getting thinner, they're branches devoided of the lush, green leaves they usually wore.

They eventually came to the clearing with the hill Basil's house was located. They rounded it and walked up to the thick gathering of dead trees. The former feeling of warmth was gone, replaced by a cold bitter feeling.

They saw Basil's house in the distance, sitting on a small island in the middle of a blood red pond, the trees that were once there now replaced by strange black plants reaching out of the water like hands.

They slowly opened the door to reveal the floor had caved in, leaving a giant hole. The two stared down at the inky black darkness.

It's a long way down...

Omori took one step forward and dropped into the abyss.

He fell down......

down....

down.....