Chapter 18 Shards of The Past

3rd POV

The annoying continuous beeps of an electronic clock filled the room. On the bed next to the bedside table where the clock sat, lay a bunch of blankets. 

A hand snaked out from the folds and banged the table a few times before finally locating the clock and slamming down on the snooze button.

Loud screaming could be heard from somewhere around the house, "Y/N!!! Y/N!!!! GET UP RIGHT NOW!!!!! BREAKFAST IS READY!!!!!!!"

There was the furious thundering of feet coming up the stairs and the door to the room burst open, revealing a woman with blonde hair with brown roots and blue eyes.

She walked over to the bed and looked down at the cocoon of blankets, her hands on her hips, "Y/n, get up."

A muffled groan came from somewhere inside.

The woman let out a exasperated sigh before grabbing the blankets and yanking them off the bed, revealing a boy with long messy hair.

The boy shivered at the sudden exposure to cold air and let out another groan.

"Get up or you'll be late for school." she told him.

"Okay, Ok-kay. I'm up..." the boy mumbled, his stutter still prominent even in his slurred sleepy speech.

Y/n pulled himself out of bed, grabbed his phone he left charging on his bedside table and slunk towards the bathroom.

He walked into the bathroom and stared at the thin pale boy who stared back at him on the other side of the bathroom mirror like any another morning

He walked into the bathroom and stared at the thin pale boy who stared back at him on the other side of the bathroom mirror like any another morning. He let out a small sigh before turning on the faucet and splashing his face with water.

If this was a movie, he would grin at his reflection or something cheesy like that, but this wasn't a movie. All he did was just stare at the same face with tired (no) eyes only now the face was dripping wet.

"Y/n!! Breakfast!!!"

"C-Coming!!" 

Y/n hastily finished washing up, got dressed and hurried downstairs towards the kitchen where his mother, wearing an oversized t shirt with the words "Peace and Lust" written on it was waiting.

"About time." She said, "Come and eat before the food gets cold."

Y/n sat down and began scarfing down his eggs and toast. His mother sat down as well with a cup of tea in her hands.

"You remember what today is, right?" She suddenly asked.

"Of c-c-course, Mari's p-p-piano recital."

The piano recital, the thing that Mari had been talking non stop about, and was equally terrified of. The old Mari would probably have been fussing over every little detail, slowly eating herself alive with all the pressure she was accumulating on herself. But after she started spending more time with Y/n, she slowly learned to be okay with some of her faults, even hanging up softball to spend more time with him.