Chapter 16 Everything was Better

3rd POV

Omori was spreading life jam on a cold, soggy piece of toast, bringing Y/n back to life. Y/n gasped for breath and backed away from the water, clearly terrified because if you don't remember: Y/n is scared of water. Not water in general, just the sinking feeling you get in the water.

"Y/n! Are you okay?!" Aubrey asked.

Y/n just nods slightly, still looking pretty shaken up.

"That's it! You're going down bro!!" Kel shouted.

Hero just laughed, "JAWHAWHAWHAW!! You can't beat me!! Bosses never die!! We're so rich that we preserve our brains so we can live forever!!!"

"Come on Hero! Snap out of it!!" Aubrey shouted.

"THAT'S BOSSMAN HERO TO YOU!! AND YOU WILL REFER TO ME AS S-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Kel threw his ball straight into Hero's face, knocking him out of his chair.

"Get 'em!!" Kel yelled and he, Omori, and Aubrey all ran at him and began beating the ever-living crap out of him.

"Stop!! You're all slaves!! Born to serve the higher-ups of this world!! You will obey us!!! You will ob-"

Again, he was interrupted by Y/n clonking him over the head with his guitar, in which he was knocked out cold.

"Quick!! While he's out!!"

They all hoisted up Hero's limp (probably not dead but who knows) body and drag it out of the office.

They struggle to drag him out of the resort and to someone who could help them.

"Mari!!"

Mari looked up at them, "Oh, hey guy! What's wrong with Hero?"

"He's been brainwashed by capitalism!!" Aubrey shouted as they set Hero down on the picnic blanket.

"Hmm... Capitalism.." Mari murmured as she began rummaging around in her basket, "I think I've got just the thing."

She pulled out a strange cookie that looked like two snakes eating each other's tails.

"If the boss doesn't pay the workers, the workers don't work, and when the workers don't work, the boss loses money

"If the boss doesn't pay the workers, the workers don't work, and when the workers don't work, the boss loses money. This cookie represents all that... Also, it's oatmeal raisin."

Mari pries open Hero's mouth and places the cookie in and moves his jaw up and down to make him chew and swallow it, "The cookie will eat out the capitalism is his heart."

Hero let out a soft groan and slowly opens his eyes, "What... happened..?"

"Hero! What are your thoughts about capitalism?!" Kel questioned.

"What?"

"WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT CAPITALISM?!!" Kel shouted.

"It's uh.... bad? I guess...?" Hero said.