I. pancakes

chapter one
pancakes

GRACIE woke up with her legs tangled with an all too familiar girl's

GRACIE woke up with her legs tangled with an all too familiar girl's. She had her arms wrapped around Lucy's waist as she usually did. But, when she glanced up, she was met with the face that could bring her comfort on any day. She raised her hand to brush the dirty blonde hair from the younger girl's face. Those freckles at the top of Lucy's nose were always the death of her.

Gracie had been staring at her best friend for at least 5 minutes before realizing she shouldn't be. She has a boyfriend, and she doesn't like girls anyway. Everyone looks at their best friend with love.

"Luce," the singer breathed softly as she lightly shook her best friend awake.

Lucy's green eyes fluttered open, and she looked down to see Gracie in her arms. "Hey. You okay?"

"Oh yeah," Gracie nodded. "I just wanted breakfast."

Lucy sat up a little and rubbed her eyes. "Okay. There's pancake mix in the kitchen," she said, returning back into the warm embrace of sleep she rarely got.

"Wait- no. I wanted you to make breakfast," Gracie voiced.

"I'm not getting up right now. It's too early," Lucy simply stated.

"Come on, Luce. I'm hungry," Gracie declared, standing up. When she got no response, she peeked her head over Lucy's body. Her eyes were closed, seeming to be asleep.

"Seriously," Gracie groaned, throwing her head back. "Lucy, I'm going to pull the covers off you right now. You know I can't flip a pancake."

As Gracie pulled the covers off the girl, Lucy threw her hands around her body. "Gracie! I don't have any pants on!"

Gracie laughed, seeing her best friend in distress over nothing. She skipped over to the bed and grabbed both of Lucy's hands, pulling her to her feet. Lucy groaned and rolled her eyes, annoyed.
She let her body fall into Gracie's and rested her head in the nape of her neck.

"Come on, sleepyhead. Let's make pancakes!"

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

The two girls had made it into the kitchen; Gracie was lying on the couch while Lucy flipped pancakes.

"Luce? Add straw-" Gracie was cut off as her best friend replied with exactly what she wanted to hear.

"Yes. Strawberries. I know, Cici."

Gracie hummed as she pet Lucy's dog, Goldie. "Have you fed her yet?"

"Nope. You want to?"

Gracie's face lit up as she got up off the couch. As she walked over to grab Goldie food, she caught a glimpse of the pancakes Lucy had flipped. "Lookin' good."