IX. lovelorn, and nobody knows

chapter nine

lovelorn, and nobody knows

LUCY walked away from Gracie with wide eyes

LUCY walked away from Gracie with wide eyes. She couldn't believe she had just done that. She kissed the girl she had been pining over for months, but for some reason, she felt conflicted.

Wess.

She liked Wess—the boy with dimples and a raspy laugh.

But... Gracie- the girl with big brown eyes and bows in her hair.

Lucy took a deep breath as her fingers toyed with the fabric of her shorts. Was it wrong? Was it too soon?

Her thoughts were interrupted when her phone lit up.

Wess Browning has sent you a message!

Lucy hesitantly unlocked her phone and opened her text messages with Wess.

An involuntary smile crept up onto Lucy's face. She thought about her reply for a minute or two.

9:07 am

Wess Browning

Good morning!

Lucy Gosling

Hey! Wanna come boating with me and my friends today?

Wess Browning

I would love that. Send your address?

Lucy Gosling

3801 Sunset Blvd

Wess Browning

See you there ❤️

Lucy smiled at her phone as she reread her texts with Wess. Although the smile on her face had meaning, the pit in her stomach was still prevalent.

Upon walking into her naturally lit room, she spotted a pad of paper. She sat at her desk and pulled out a blue glitter gel pen that had most likely been sitting on her desk since the 5th grade.

She thought about kissing Gracie. The way her lips felt on hers. She thought about talking with Wess. How his hand brushing past her thigh made her feel.

9:27 am

Luce
Could you read this?

LuceCould you read this?