III. 38th and 6th

chapter three
38th and 6th

           WHIST Lucy was with Taylor, Gracie was with Aaron

WHIST Lucy was with Taylor, Gracie was with Aaron. The two had just gotten started writing songs for Gracie's upcoming album, Good Riddance. So far, the lyrics they had written down were fairly sad, but what can you do when that's all you think about. The reason for this was her relationship with her boyfriend, Bennet. He had recently been distant and had to interest in seeing her, which had her confused. Bennet was always the sweetest boy that Gracie had known for quite a while. He would never do anything to hurt her. However, she had been thinking about Lucy's words to her that morning. Deep down she knew that Bennet was causing more harm to her mental health than good.

Gracie was pulled away from her thoughts when a voice called her name. "Gracie, what are you thinking about this song," Aaron asked, handing her a piece of paper with her own handwriting on it. The paper read, "Thinking of you without any forgiveness. Because I was the one who would stay up and call you. And I'd drive to your house for the shit that you went through."

Gracie read the paper and sighed. She couldn't deal with this boyfriend bullshit anymore. As much as she loved him, she needed a break. Or someone new.

Aaron was quick to read Gracie's facial expressions. "You wanna break up with him," he stated, knowing what Gracie was thinking about.

Gracie sighed and put the paper down. "I don't want to do, but I think I have to. I mean, he hasn't talked to me in- I don't know? Three days?" She threw her head back just thinking about it.

"Okay, well I think a breakup might need to happen. As depressing as it is, happier and more free feelings are to come which could make brighter song lyrics."

Gracie thought about what Aaron said and tilted her head. Hm, not so bad, she thought. "Actually, there is someone or something I want to write about. It's kind of a feeling, but a person too," Gracie informed, getting something off her chest.

"Okay, shoot," Aaron replied, scrambling to get a pad of paper and a pen as quick as he could. Gracie tended to speak fast when it came to feelings, so writing this down was something you had to be swift about.

Gracie nervously played with the ring on her right hand before taking a deep breath. "So, I'm just gonna give you a list of feelings: stress, guilt, confusion, love, anger, and depression."

Aaron was taken aback. "Alright. We can definitely work with this," he confirmed, writing down the feelings as Gracie continued to ramble.

"I'm just so confused and I can't put my finger on it. Something has changed recently and I just don't know what it is. I feel like I've been acting different around certain people and I can't help myself. Sometimes, I come off as meaner than I'd like to, but I guess internally, I am mad. Sometimes, I act flirty around people I don't like and I'm literally dating someone, so am I cheating? I don't know, but something is wrong and I've talked to my therapist about it and she suggested something that might be going on, but she's obviously wrong because that would be insane. Like another reality insane-"