VII. what can i do?

chapter seven
what can i do?

THE next morning, Lucy woke up next to a fast asleep Gracie

THE next morning, Lucy woke up next to a fast asleep Gracie. She chuckled when she saw that Gracie had the covers pulled up to her chin with her dark hair falling onto her pretty face. Lucy unplugged her phone and opened her camera to take a photo. She posted it on her Instagram before walking out into the hall.

Lucy Gosling added to their story. Tap to view

Lucy walked out of the shared room, still looking down at the photo when she bumped into Rory

"Morning," Rory said softly, noticing an asleep Gracie.

Lucy closed the door and groaned. "She has to get up soon anyway." Rory nodded and followed Lucy down the stairs.

The two walked into the kitchen to see Cam, shirtless, cooking something to go with the muffins on the table. Finn, Olivia, and JJ were sat at the island with plates in front of them, waiting for Cam to bring them their food like children.

Cam turned around with his signature big goofy smile displayed on his face. "Morning ladies! There are muffins on the counter, juice in the fridge, and I'm making scrambled eggs. Sit. They should be done soon."

Both girls nodded, Lucy going to sit and Rory walking over to help Cam.

Lucy was sitting next to Olivia and was about to start a conversation when Olivia groaned loudly at her phone. Lucy furrowed her eyes and asked what was going on, trying to get a glimpse at her phone.

"I'm just thinking about carrying everything to the beach after this," Olivia confessed, grabbing and shoving a muffin in her mouth.

"You better eat your eggs too, Olivia," Cam said sternly like a father. Olivia rolled her eyes and nodded in return.

The two girls talked about the volleyball game they were gonna have on the beach in a couple of hours. They decided on teams about 10 minutes into the conversation. Rory, Lucy, and Cam were on one team and the other was Gracie, Olivia, JJ, and Finn. Due to the uneven number of people, there would be a sub per game.