01

I totally could've made this chapter 0 or a prologue BUT I DIDNT AND I WONT
__________________________________

It was the first day of preschool, and you were eager to make friends, but in all the excitement of the first day, you ended up not talking to anyone else until recess.

Your eyes were instantly focused on fluffy orange hair, and you ran over to the sandbox where the owner of that hair was.

"Hi I like your hair it's orange do you wanna be friends?"

He smiled widely at you,
"Okay!!!"

You plopped down right next to him in the sandbox.

"My name's (l/n) (f/n), what's yours?"

He orange headed child finished digging his hole,
"I'm Hinata Shoyo!"

The two of you became very close friends after that, spending many days and nights at each other's houses, and eventually being seen as family by each other's parents.

~skip to middle school~

"Cmon (l/n), pleeeaaassseeee?"

For the past week, the short orange haired boy had been trying to convince you to join the volleyball club and so far, you had rejected his advances. You originally wanted to join the [activity] club, but he'd been asking you so earnestly for so long, you couldn't keep denying him.

"Fine, Hinata. I'll just be the manager or something though, got it?"

His face lit up into a bright smile, and he jumped at you to give you a hug.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou! You won't regret this!"

With a smile, you sighed.

~•~

You weren't surprised that the club had no other members, the volleyball obsessed boy had already explained that much to you. But what he didn't inform you of was how the club didn't even have a designated space! You watched as he went from place to place, bumping into other clubs as he tried to practice by himself.

Although you were just the manager, you couldn't help but feel bad at how he was practicing alone, so you offered to throw the ball to him a few times, which he happily accepted.

You ended up learning a little more about volleyball, and how the game was played, but you were far from being a fully fledged player.

It was about time to go home now, but Hinata seemed adamant to practice till he dropped. You weren't going to have that though. You had made a promise to yourself to never let him overwork himself, and you'd be damned if you broke that promise.

You decided to bring out the big guns immediately.

"Hey Hinata, if you get ready in five minutes, I'll buy you those meat buns you like,"

Hearing these words, the short player rushed to clean everything up, and soon was right in front of you, ready to get his snack.

"Really like those, don't you?"

He guided his bike along next to him as he walked with you to the convenience store,
"Of course I do! They're delicious!"