08

"Kiyoko senpaiiiii, he makes it so hard to get over him!"

She set her book down as you continued to whine.

"I thought I'd finally gotten over him, but then he invites me to the movies and everything went good but in the bad way!"

"Oh? How so?" She asked, half already knowing the answer.

"He clung onto me for the whole time we watched the horror movie! Do you know how hard it was to pretend not to notice?"

You continued,
"Then we went to his house to watch a different movie, and we ended up sleeping together on the couch! And then he said something about me not leaving him again? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HANDLE ANY OF THIS???"

You wormed your way closer to her, looking up at her for guidance.

"You do seem to be in quite the predicament,"

"WHAT DO I DO?"

She picked her book back up,
"Either confess, or keep trying to get over him,"

"Both of those options suck,"

"Mhm,"

You kept on whining, repeatedly tapping the side of her shoulder with your palms,
"Help meeeeeeee,"

She sighed in annoyance,
"Fine, but you have to let me borrow some of your anime DVDs,"

"Deal!"

~•~

Practice had just ended, and Kiyoko approached the tiny player from behind.

"Hinata? Could I borrow you for a moment?"

A little bit startled, he nodded his head, following her outside of the gym.

"You and (l/n) are close, right?"

"Mhm! He's my super best friend! He's always been super nice to me, and then this one time he-"

She cut him off,
"Okay. It's just that I've heard recently that he's gotten into a relationship with someone, and I wanted to ask you if that was true,"

He froze for a moment in contemplation. You, in a relationship with someone? Honestly it was a little incomprehensible to him, you've never shown interest in anyone after all.

He could practically picture it though, you laughing with someone else, lovingly staring into their eyes while holding their hand.

It brought a sick feeling to his stomach.

"Hinata? Is everything alright?"

He peeked into the gym, seeing you laughing at something Kageyama had said.

"I-I gotta go, senpai!"

He ran back into the gym, leaving Kiyoko behind. She sighed, disappointed in herself.

'I really shouldn't get involved with these kinds of things...'

But being able to borrow your copy of a DVD of some exclusive episodes would make it worth it.

Meanwhile, in the gym, you felt two arms hugging you from behind. A blush bloomed on your cheeks, which you quickly stifled.

"Shoyo? Whats wrong?"

You turned away from the setter to your tiny friend, who gave him a smug look while you weren't paying attention.

"Nothing! I just wanted to give you a hug, cuz that's what best friends do!"

You were a little confused, but you wouldn't pass up a chance to give him a tight hug.

When you pulled away, you could see Kageyama staring at you shyly.

"Can... I have a hug too?"

You tilted your head to the side, thinking it over. I mean, you were friends with him, right? Plus, it seemed like he needed the affection as well.

To Hinata's dismay, you accepted his request, holding the setter in your arms, much like the way you did with your 'super best friend.'

When the hug ended, Kageyama's expression softened, a faint blush being seen on his cheeks.

"Thanks..."

He walked away, leaving you and your friend alone.

"Shoyo, why're you looking at me like that?"

"You gave Stupidyama a hug!" He said, as if it was enough to start a war.

"And? I give you hugs?"

"That's because we're best friends! Super best friends!"

You sighed. Even after all this time, that term still didn't sit right with you. Not only because it was the label of your rejection, but because it sounded stupid as well.

"Well, I thought that he needed the hug, so I gave him one! And aren't you friends with him as well? I saw you giving him a monologue a while ago,"

He looked away guiltily,
"Maybe..."

He sighed,
"Okay, maybe it's alright if it's him. But no one else, especially Tsukishima!"

You gave him a look of dramatic disgust,
"Oh I'd never!"

You switched to a teasing tone,
"But who made you in charge of who I can hug?"

"N-no one! It's just... I feel a little... jealous..."

Both of your faces turned into the shade of the reddest rose. You almost didn't believe what you heard. You decided not to bring it up, and he was glad for that.

"A-anyways... I was gonna go to Kiyoko senpai's house after school, so... bye, Shoyo,"

"B-bye, (f/n)..."

~•~

Kiyoko really wished she never pried into your love situation, as now a good portion of her day was spent listening to you and your retelling of events.

At least it was good entertainment.

__________________________________

One of you wanted to go with both of them so I'm setting it up so they're will be multiple endings, a Hinata one, and then a Kagehina (+you ofc) ending