Epilogue

I had an idea AND HAD TO SEE IT THROUGH
_______________

In his small room, Hinata sat in the corner by himself in the dark staring off into nothingness.

Yup, he was homesick.

Brazil was everything he'd imagined and even more, but that couldn't negate the fact that he was on the other side of the planet from all of his friends and family.

Not even the dried salmon skins he'd brought could cure his homesickness at this point.

And it wasn't just homesickness, the man was terribly lonely in this foreign country as well. He'd made some new friends, and even met Oikawa, but he still wished to see some of his high school friends, and especially his high school sweetheart.

Maybe he'd just open up instagram, maybe it'd make him feel a little less lonely.

Wrong!

He was immediately met with a picture of you hanging out with your friends underneath a tree. The worst part was how happy you looked.

Of course he'd always be happy if you were happy, but the thing was that you looked so full of joy without him.

Oh, did I mention?

All of this long distance stuff was beginning to make him feel insecure about your relationship.

What if you fell in love with someone else while he was away?

I mean he wouldn't really blame you, after all his decision to go to Brazil was pretty sudden, mainly because he was too afraid to tell you about it until the last minute.

For a bit he was sure you'd break up with him right then and there, but as your temper cooled you reassured him that you'd support him, even though he could tell you were unhappy.

But now here he was, regretting his decision dearly. What he wouldn't give to be held in your arms right about now, receiving your undivided affection.

Then a light bulb went off in his head.

He quickly went to your contact and pressed the phone icon and patiently waited for you to pick up.

Unfortunately for him, you must've been busy because he tried to call you three times before giving up.

Maybe you really did find a new lover and were too busy for him now...

Normally he wouldn't cry, but he was just feeling so lonely that he couldn't help that tears pricked his eyes.

Then his door flung wide open, light flowing into his room.

After he recovered from the shock, he focused on the intruder.

It was... you!

He immediately got up from his spot in the corner and tackled you to the ground in a hug, kissing you all over your beautiful face.

"Woah there Shoyo! I knew you'd be happy to see me, but I wasn't expecting this!"

He looked at you sternly in the eyes, his tears flowing out while his mouth couldn't figure out whether or not to be sad or smile.

"Shoyo? What's wrong? Why're you crying? Did something happen?"

You immediately sat upright, holding your boyfriend tightly in your arms as he sat in your lap.

He sniffled, wiping his eyes before speaking,
"I was just... really lonely. I'm glad you're here,"

You gently kissed him on the lips,
"I'm glad I'm here too,"

He then gave you a slight glare,
"You didn't find a new lover while I was gone, right?"

You laughed loudly, much to his embarrassment,
"Of course not! You're the only one for me, Shoyo,"

He blushed at your words with a bright smile.

Even though he wasn't in Japan, with you he felt like he was home, and that was enough.

____________________

I wrote this because I saw this and felt bad HERE YOU GO