ENDING

Ending this now because I have no idea how to continue this and I feel bad for abandoning this
__________________________________

You and Hinata were both in your third year now, and you couldn't have been more proud of the person he'd become. He seemed much more confident in his skill, not to mention the glowup he had gotten as well.

You wanted to confess your feelings to him, to tell him how much you loved him, but you didn't want to distract him from volleyball. You already knew that with how things were going, there'd be little to no time for actual dating when you were both in the volleyball club, so for the past few years, you held it in.

Your heart ached at his smile and laughter, and you celebrated every victory with him as well.

There was also the fact that you had a slight feeling that he was into Kageyama, as at this point he spent more time with him than even you.

You watched from the sidelines as they conversed with each other, laughed with each other, spent more and more time together.

But at the same time, if Kageyama made your best friend happy, then you'd also be happy for him.

A pair of arms wrapped around you from behind as your friend jumped onto you,
"(F/n)! Kageyama and I are going to the ice cream shop after practice, you should come!"

Thinking about it, it seemed nice. Spending time with friends, plus you got ice cream! But looking back at the setter, you noticed an annoyed expression on his face, it wasn't exactly out of the norm, but it still made you feel awkward. Maybe he didn't want you there? Or maybe he was just annoyed in general? Maybe he wanted it to be a date between just him and Hinata? Either way, the safest option was to decline it, even if your heart did break a little bit at your orange haired friends dejected expression.

Lonely is how you felt walking home, the street lights being your only friend as you walked across the sidewalk. Then suddenly, you felt something change within yourself. Were you really going to let yourself wallow in self pity? No! You're a strong independent person, you're not going to get sad over a little heartbreak!

With confidence and pride in your step, you got home, and proceeded to binge watch movies while eating out of a tub of (maybe dairy free) ice cream. Okay, maybe you'd decide to feel better tomorrow.

"If you like him so much, then just tell him already. I'm getting tired of hearing you cry all the time,"

"Stupid Kageyama, I'm not crying! Plus I was gonna yesterday, but he didn't wanna get ice cream!"

His dark haired friend hit him over the head,
"That's because you told him I was going too, idiot!"

"What does that have to do with anything?"

Kageyama groaned, he knew he himself could be oblivious at times, but how could Hinata be so dense?

"He thinks we're into each other,"

"EW THAT'S DISGUSTING!"

Kageyama glared at him, making Hinata back down a little.

"I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT! Anyways, how do you know that?"

"Yachi told me,"

A while back, Kageyama noticed you talking with the other manager, and when innocently questioning her, she cracked and accidentally told him. She made him swear to secrecy, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

"Is that why he's been avoiding me? This whole time?"

"I literally just said that,"

Hinata stood up from his seat,
"I've gotta go, I have to tell him!"

But before he could leave, Kageyama grabbed onto his wrist.

"What're you doing? Let me go, I need to-"

"Class is still going on, idiot,"

Hinata looked around to find the rest of his classmates staring at him, confused. He felt his face heat up as he sat back down in his seat.

It was strange, the gym was empty, and you had even arrived late. Was practice cancelled? If so, then why didn't anyone tell you?

You heard your name being called out,
"(F/n)!"

And there Hinata was, still in his normal uniform, although it seemed like he got his hair done for some reason.

"Shoyo? Where's everyone else? And why does your hair look like that?"

He paused for a moment, swallowing before opening his mouth.

"(F/n), I need to tell you something important,"

"Good timing, I have something to tell you too,"

He gulped,
"You do?"

A long sigh came out of you before you spoke,
"Ever since our last year in middle school, I've had feelings for you. But I'm starting to feel like maybe it was foolish of me to hold onto those feelings till now. I know you're busy with volleyball, and that you're probably into Kageyama, but I just had to get it off my chest,"

You exhaled in relief,
"Whew! That definitely feels better,"

You moved your eyes to meet Hinata's, who seemed a bit ticked off.

"Shoyo? What's wrong?"

He pouted,
"I was supposed to be the one who confessed to you!"

Your eyes widened,
"Does that mean...?"

He smiled, grabbing your hands,
"Yes, dummy! I like you too!"

You engulfed him in a bone crushing hug,
"You have no idea how happy that makes me!"

He giggled feeling your arms around him, with him hugging you back.

You pulled away, ruffling his hair with your hand until it went back to its normal form.

He whined,
"My hair! I got it done just for this too!"

"Don't worry, I think I like it better like this," you replied with a chuckle, causing him to go pink.

Suddenly he gasped, turning to look directly at your lips.

"We're boyfriends now, right?"

Your face was tinted pink at the word as you nodded.

"That means I get to kiss you now!"

You nodded once more, not really processing what he had said until you felt a pair of lips crashing into yours. It wasn't the most comfortable kiss, but you enjoyed it none the less.

The two of you split apart, and he gave you a stern look,
"That was my first kiss, so don't break my heart!"

He heard you chuckle before giving him another kiss,
"I'd never dream of doing that,"

"So how'd you manage to keep the gym empty?" you asked, walking to your house with your new boyfriend, hand in hand.

"Kageyama helped me plan it all out!"

"Kageyama? I thought he-"

He cut you off.
"Nope! Now it's my turn to ask a question,"

"Shoot,"

He stopped, looking deep into your eyes.

"Back then, when you told me you wanted to be more than friends, did you mean...?"

Heat rose to your cheeks in embarrassment as you remembered what had happened, and you shyly nodded.

He grinned smugly,
"You liked me~"

You gripped his hand tighter, using your other hand to pull him close to you by his waist. He felt heat rush to multiple areas as you brought your lips to his.

"That ought to keep you quiet for now. Now let's get going, I want to tell me mom the good news!"

__________________________________

SORRY FOR ABRUPT ENDING I FELT BAD FOR LEAVING THIS BEHIND