Pʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ♡

┗━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┛

The cafe's buzzing with life as regular customers pour in for their orders. The air is full of the scent of fresh baked goods and coffee beans, and the chatter has a pleasant tone that lulls everyone into a peaceful rhythm. 

It's only noon, but it seems like everyone from here knows each other by name and well enough. Tanjiro stands at the register taking everyone's orders one by one, biting the tip of the pen as he takes another customer's order.

His hands are shaking slightly and his ears feel a little warm as he waits on a young woman. A few more customers enter the shop until he hears a quiet call from behind him. "Hey, Kamado-san!" 

He turns around to see Yuuto waving to him. "Yuuto?" Tanjiro calls out to him as he turns to face the boy.

"There's a call for you Kamado-san." Yuuto says, pointing towards the baby-pink telephone sitting on the side counter. Tanjiro nods, thanking the boy, and goes over to the ringing telephone.

"

"

 "Hello?" He asks hesitantly. At first, there was no response from the other side. Yet when he repeats his previous wording, a rough voice responds from the other side.

 "Hello, Tanjiro." The voice says in a gruff and unpleasant tone. Tanjiro doesn't know how to respond, as he opens his mouth to answer the person on the other side, he is interrupted before he can speak.

 "You don't recognize me do you?" The voice says, sounding a little upset by the tone. Tanjiro feels upset yet he can't identify the voice. 

"I'm sorry who am I speaking with?" There is no response for a moment as the man pauses before answering. "Agatsuma Zenitsu," The man finally answers. Tanjiro frowns, not recognizing the surname. Then he remembers who this stranger is, he's known Zenitsu ever since high school. 

 "Ah, Gomen nasai! I really didn't recognize your voice Zenitsu, your voice has changed drastically!" Tanjiro exclaims, surprised at how much his best friend's voice has evolved. 

Zenitsu lets out a snort. "Yeah, puberty happened, and now my voice is changing." Tanjiro rolls his eyes but laughs along anyway. They both laugh for a second before Tanjiro starts talking again. 

"So, why such a random call? I'm pretty sure it's been 3 whole years since we last talked." Tanjiro mumbled, realizing how much time flies by. 

He can still remember Zenitsu's youthful smile and bright hazel eyes. He had been so different back then.