𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗢𝗳 𝗔𝗻 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁 ⋆·˚ ༘ *

TW: Usᴇ Oғ Sʏʀɪɴɢᴇ/Iɴᴊᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴs, Dʀᴜɢs.

┗━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┛

"You're a psychopath." Tanjiro spat, staring at Zenitsu with eyes displaying unknown emotions. Zenitsu doesn't say anything but smiles, he places Tanjiro's hands back and gets up from the bedside.

"I'll be back with some supplies, Don't try anything." He grins and walks outside the door, slamming it behind him with a loud thud.

Tanjiro simply stares at the door, his mind surrounded by a mist of thoughts. His mind is still registering this new twist in the events of his life.

His own best friend who he's known since they were chubby little kids playing in the sand has become a crazed man who's keeping him captive, for "Love" apparently.

He sighs annoyedly, fiddling with the chains on his legs, it's extremely uncomfortable and suffocating.

The room is empty besides the bed that's placed next to the window where Tanjiro lies at the moment. The windows are boarded with a thick wooden plank and locked shut. If Tanjiro tries to get out there, he would most likely end up dead from his fall.

But he can't think of an escape at the moment, not until he figures out how to free himself from these stupid chains holding him down.

He thinks of Genya and how worried he might be, Genya tends to panic easily which often results in problems conveying something.

Would Genya be able to help him? No, No. He shouldn't be dependent on someone to come and free him, He can help himself, right?

It's been a good 15 minutes since Zenitsu had left and Tanjiro has nothing to do except stare around the blank room, his body shaking for no absolute reason.

There's a small noise and the door opens, revealing Zenitsu carrying a small bag. He gives Tanjiro a warm-hearted smile which is returned with a glare of hatred. 

Yet, Zenitsu doesn't mind, he simply enters the room, places the bag on a table, he pulls out a few snacks, medicines, and other random stuff.

Tanjiro stares at him the whole time, and Zenitsu knows. He holds up a pack of some...weird medicine and smiles at Tanjiro, not a heartwarming but creepy smile that causes shivers down Tanjiro's spine.

He sees Zenitsu pull out a few more items that are weirder than the other, he grips the sheets of the bed, trying to ease himself.

"I'm just going to give you a simple injection, and don't worry! It won't hurt." Zenitsu grins, his hands filling the syringe with a liquid as he shakes the syringe.

Tanjiro stares, his eyes full of fear. His voice turned into a pale whisper as he pleaded, "No, stay away from me, Don't come any closer!" He tried to back away only to hiss in pain as the chains on his legs kept him tied down.

Zenitsu's lips curled into a frown as he walked towards Tanjiro, placing the glass needle on top of Tanjiro's arm. Tanjiro flinched violently and let out a cry, trying to push himself further back into the bed.

"Don't worry, I promise it won't hurt!" Zenitsu smiles, ignoring Tanjiro's yells of protest, and points the needle according to his need, slowly inserting it into Tanjiro's skin.

Tanjiro doesn't feel anything for a second, his face looking deathly pale. The liquid slowly flows into his veins and Zenitsu pulls the syringe out, still smiling.

Tanjiro stares at his hand, his eyes open wide. He shakes his hand to feel anything, but it's numb. He faces Zenitsu, anger burning inside of him, "You- What did you do? What did you inject me?!"

Zenitsu doesn't answer, he walks toward the bag, sets the medicinal supplies back in it, and leaves the room. 

Tanjiro can only stare in the utmost confusion. His body is starting to feel numb and his head is really starting to hurt.

His eyes are getting blurry too, his vision is getting blurred and he feels like he's gonna pass out.He looks around the room, trying to soothe his panicked mind. 

He takes a deep breath, hoping the air will make him feel better, before laying back down again.