𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘁 𝗚𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗪𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

┗━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┛

"He's invited you over for tea?" Genya asks his husband who stands beside the kitchen countertop, holding a letter in his hands as he nods. 

 "Yeah, He said he wanted to catch up with me over some tea." Tanjiro smiles, placing the letter on the countertop, and stretching his arms lazily. 

 Genya shrugs, "So, when are you going over?" Tanjiro thinks for a while and answers, "I'll head out in an hour most likely!" He says happily as he walks towards the bedroom door to pick an outfit for himself. 

 "Be back before dinner alright?" He hears Genya call out and screams a yes, intentionally dragging the s. 

 It's almost an hour and Tanjiro is all set and ready to go, he kisses Genya a farewell and closes the door behind him, making his way to his friend's home. 

*** 

 "Hey, You made it!" Zenitsu smiles, opening the door for Tanjiro as the younger smiles at him. stepping inside the homely abode.

"You've got a lovely home." Tanjiro smiles, his eyes looking around the walls of the house.

Zenitsu smiles and prompts him to follow him as they both make their way to the couch. "I'll be back with your favorite drink in a second, wait here!" Zenitsu grins and walks to the kitchen to grab their respective drinks.  

They chat over tea, discussing old memories and new things they have discovered. Tanjiro eagerly listens to Zenitsu as the blonde describes his workplace with a frown, for some awful reason, his head is aching painfully and his body feels rather heavier.

His hand reaches up towards the top of his head, rubbing the tender spot slowly and wincing at the slight pain. Tanjiro looks across to see Zenitsu staring at him with a...weird expression.

It's getting quite annoying to breathe, the pain his headache is causing isn't helping either and his eyes refuse to stay open.

He tries to register what's happening to him, and it all snaps back into reality. He stares at Zenitsu, his eyes holding questions.

"Zenitsu- what did you-" Before he gets to finish, he collapses on the floor. He can't move a limb as if he's stiff all of a sudden, he tries to look at the blonde without having a hazy view but it's impossible.

His eyes refuse to open any longer and he's unconscious before he knows it. Zenitsu stares at the figure of the sleeping boy, a grin plastered across his face, "Step 1 complete." 

  *** 

  Tanjiro opens his eyes to a blank ceiling, his headache seems to have gotten better. He tries to sit up but his body refuses to accommodate. He tries to recall what happened to him, realizing everything in small pieces.  

Zenitsu drugged him.

That would explain why he felt so heavy and couldn't stand properly. 

But, why would Zenitsu do something so horrid? He was surely not that type of guy right...? 

He forces his eyes to focus around the room and his eyes widen, there are pictures of him all over the walls, decorated with little hearts, and there are some pictures of him with Genya, but for some reason, Genya is...scribbled out. 

The room is decently decorated, there's a study desk placed in the corner, and more of his pictures decorate the wall in front of the desk. There's a bookshelf as well, stacked with books head to toe. 

The sound of the doorknob being twisted is heard and Zenitsu enters, smiling. "How do you like the room Tanji, I decorated it, especially for you!" Tanjiro stares at him, he doesn't know what to say or think. 

 "Why'd you do it?" He murmurs, his voice sounding deathly pale as Zenitsu blinks at him, "Huh?" 

 "Why did you drug me? What was your reason to keep me here? I want answers." Tanjiro answers, his ruby eyes staring at Zenitsu as the blonde walks over to the bed, smiling delicately.

Tanjiro's eyes follow Zenitsu as the man sits down next to him and sighs, "Okay, okay. Let's start easy, shall we?"

Tanjiro stares at him, waiting for him to explain everything in detail.

Zenitsu shrugs, "You see Tanjiro, ever since I laid my eyes on you in high school, I wanted you to be all mine...From your beautiful eyes to your sunkissed skin, you were perfect, like a deity and I wanted you to be completely mine. And you were for a while until Shinazugawa Genya had to butt himself in." 

 "You forgot I existed, and I decided that leaving would be better than to see your love life be happy with someone else. I tried to forget about you, I truly did Tanjiro...but your thoughts wouldn't let me rest. So, I decided to come back, just to find you again... You were married to that bastard and that made me jealous to the core, I would do anything to be with you, so I stalked you, texted you from an unknown number, and viewed whatever you did... And asked you to meet me for tea! While you waited, I drugged your tea and gave it to you so it wouldn't be a struggle to capture you! And here we are. "

The blonde absorbed Tanjiro's eyes, they were widened and full of fear. He smiled and reached for Tanjiro's hand, grasping it in his.

"You see, I did it...for love."