CHAPTER 44: HEARTBEATS

LEILA'S POV.

He was back. But I wasn’t sure I was. Waking up in his arms, taking a shower with him, having breakfast together. Nick was back to me. He was back to being the same. Better even. With his mood this good, I had managed to get him off track from the female lycan. He’s been too busy trying to entertain me and well…

A few days ago, he had gone in to his mother’s room to give her some news about our decision to get married.

Yes, I said ‘yes.’

Dana wasn’t disappointed. Quite the contrary. She was glad something beautiful was about to take place to replace the tragedy that had happened. Dana was now out of her room.

It’s been weeks with the wedding preparations. Nick wanted the wedding to happen after three weeks and this was the last one. Everything had been busy lately. Sending invitations, choosing flowers, choosing a perfect dress. I honestly didn’t care of the dress I wore so long as I got married that day.

He wanted it to be a fast wedding, few people, few guests. Although he’s told me to get ready for the million numbers of people that were regarded as few. Ayla sent back her reply, congratulating us. She hadn’t told Nick about me or even tried to threaten me or warn me. I didn’t know what she was playing at.

But it wasn’t the time.

I was at the kitchen for the millionth time in these three weeks of preparation. It’d been hard to get my taste buds to like any of the food that I’d been tasting. Maybe I was anxious. I had told Nick to come taste it with me just in case but he was too busy to do so. There were a number of guests arriving this week and he's been busy trying to allocate them in to settling areas.

And for the millionth time, whatever I kept in my mouth tasted ashy. I just wanted vomit or wash my system clean.

Dana was sure that it was anxiety and she had promised to take charge of the food when I failed. And I had failed miserably.

I was from the kitchen when he snaked his arms around me, pressing a desperate kiss on my neck.

I giggled. “You missed me already.” I turned to face him and placed my hands flat on his chest. His hands stayed wrapped around my waist.

He groaned, “I can’t handle the guests anymore. It’s draining.”

“Don’t tell me to do it for you. I can’t even handle the food tasting.”

His gaze captured mine. “You’re still anxious.”

“You brought the proposal so sudden. Of course, I was gonna be anxious. At least you got time to think about it.”

“So you want me to push it further?” His soft tone knocked my senses out

“No.” I said really quickly. I had to tell him the truth really soon and pushing the wedding will push the truth further. “I definitely want to marry you, even if it’s today.” I chuckled

He leaned in to kiss my jaw and I chuckle more, then my neck and I hum in delight.

“Excuse me!” We stopped at the omega speaking but he didn’t let go of me. “There are guests.”

Nick asked, “What guests?”

“They said they were your friends.”

He rolled his eyes. “Everyone claims to be my friend.”

“Should I see them to their rooms then?”

He sighed, “No. I’ll just go.”

The omega walked away.