CHAPTER NINE : THE FESTIVAL POOL

THE DAY OF THE FESTIVAL.

LEILA'S POV.

We were having breakfast on the dining table.

Apparently Nick hasn't been trying to chase me out as he said. I've tried so hard to stay out of his business so that he doesn't suspect anything. Natalia got excited when I told her that Nickolas was letting me stay till after the festival.

The only thing they don't know is that my pack is ready to attack tonight. In these few fucking days, I've managed to learn the ins and outs of this damn place.

I can't wait for tonight. They do not know what's coming.

There attack is a distraction for me to use to kill the lycan king.

I notice a smile trying to creep into my face and quickly drink up the coffee only to choke on it. I cough really hard.

Oh crap!

"Leila...are you alright?" Natalia asks me in concern.

"Yeah...yeah...I'm..." I try to talk but I keep on coughing.

"Here...have some water..." Natalia pours some water in a glass and hands it to me. I quickly take it and gulp down the whole glass.

I didn't watch to see who was looking and who was not. I put the glass on the table.

"You should be careful next time. Don't think too much." Nickolas says, not sparing me a look. "Especially when you supposedly don't remember a thing." He finishes.

Was it obvious that I was thinking too much?

"Nick..." Natalia exclaims in annoyance.

"What?...was just saying." He says as he kept on eating his breakfast.

"Um...excuse me..." I quickly stand and leave the table and the room.

I could hear Natalia complain to him in the back. "You just had to do that."

To say the truth, I didn't even mind. Let him do whatever he can to offend me, might as well be his last.

This time I smile at this and head for the kitchen.

To be honest, my throat still hurts a lot after the hot coffee. I need something cold to drink.

I open the fridge to search for water but spot a big bottle of orange juice. It won't be bad. In fact, I kinda miss orange juice. It's my stress drink...actually I just love it.

So I take the bottle, bang back the fridge and open the bottle.

I first thought of pouring it into a glass but the cupboard seemed...too far. So I drank straight from the bottle, yeah...I just did that. I gulped and gulped and gulped...

"Does your throat hurt badly?"

I almost spit out the juice that was already in my mouth in shock.

"What the f..." I exclaim.

Nickolas smirks at my reaction.

"Are you that thirsty?" He asks in sarcasm.

"Yes...yes, I am...what are you doing here anyways, aren't your maids supposed to serve you from the table?" I ask in annoyance.

"It's my mansion. I choose wherever I wanna go. Second, I'm not here to serve myself breakfast..." He was silent for a while. "I'm here for you."

That come out wrong...right?

"Urgh! You're already starting to think outside reality." He mutters under his breath. He then says to me. "No, but I'm flattered."

"What ...no...no...I was just..." I stammer.