Chapter 26: The Maze Of Truth, part 5

Colt's teammates Bjorn and Jason were closing in on the final arena at the top of the maze as it continued to rotate.

The dynamic between Bjorn and Jason was excellent because they both possessed exceptional defensive and offensive abilities.

When they were fighting together, they didn't need to communicate with each other. When they got into a fight, one was defending and the other was attacking.

Bjorn and Jason were both very smart fighters who didn't give their opponents any time to attack or react because they were so fast.

Both Bjorn and Jason learned how to survive on Perigo Island at a very young age.

When a child is born into the lightning clan, they immediately become a weapon for both Perigo Island and the lighting clan leader.

As soon as their powers awaken, the children are put through a program that turns them into killing machines, and they will serve their lightning clan leader until their last breath.

The year Bjorn and Jason joined the program, they quickly rose through the ranks, and at such a young age, they had more kills than adult members of the lighting clan.

A member of the lighting clan gains his or her powers from a unique power source, which is that the more they kill, the more powerful they become.

They grow faster and stronger, and no one knows why they have such terrifying abilities, which is why the king keeps a close eye on them.

Bjorn and Jason, along with Tox, were the only three who survived long enough for Arthur to personally recruit them to take part in the test.

Tox was slightly stronger than Bjorn and Jason because he was known for living in the uncharted areas of Perigo Island, where all the bloodthirsty and dangerous creatures in the world lived.

Because he had lived, slept, and eaten in the unknown for so long, some people referred to him as a beast disguised as a human.

His black hair reached his lower back and covered most of his face. He was neither short nor tall, with sharp teeth and yellow-black pupils.

People referred to him as a beast in human disguise because of the way he spoke, smelled, and looked. And he usually goes into berserk mode every time he fights, just like a bloodthirsty creature would.

That is his only weakness, because he doesn't resist killing as much as Bjorn and Jason do, but they plan ahead of time and strategize what they will do before they attack.

That is the crucial distinction between the three of them.

***

Zeru and Tox walked together to the next room, and Zeru looked back one last time before the doors closed, and he could see the bodies of the creatures carved up and their blood everywhere.

Tox's odor was unbearable to Zeru because he hadn't bathed or showered in weeks. His long black hair was smeared with dirt and blood, and his clothes were ripped and ruined.

Zeru looked at Tox, but said nothing. Instead, they kept walking, and the only thing they could hear were their own footsteps.

But as they got closer to the next room, it got darker, and the footsteps became quieter and quieter until there was complete silence.

The door closed behind them, and they felt as if they had entered a vacuum space.

Zeru tried to speak but couldn't hear his own voice, so he became cautious and went for his weapon, attempting to move to a safe distance.

As Zeru moved away, he felt the ground beneath his feet and realized he was in a mountain environment.

Tox and Zeru had been in the dark for quite some time, and nothing happened until a large screen on the wall lit up and they were told how they would win inside the room.

The instructions stated that there would be a duel between Tox and Zeru, with each attack worth one point, and the person with the most points when the timer reached zero would win the round.

The rules were simple: killing was prohibited, but everything else that would give you an advantage over your opponent was permitted.

As soon as the screen went black, the timer counted down for 7 minutes.

06:59....58....57....56.......

Zeru looked around, trying to figure out where Tox was, and as he turned around, he locked eyes with Tox from afar.

Before vanishing into the dark abyss, Zeru took a good look at Tox's yellow-black pupils and could feel the bloodlust pouring from him. Zeru panicked, as it felt like a beast was about to attack him.

'Where is he? Is he to my left or to my right?'

Something really hard hit Zeru in the chest while he was searching, and he stopped breathing.

'AAAAGH, this is not good. I can not breathe.'