Chapter 37: Irregular, part 2

TAP.....TAP.....TAP!!!

After a few quick taps on the microphone, Thomas inhaled deeply and turned to face the camera that was positioned in front of him.

"Greetings, citizens of Prov Island."

As soon as they heard their leader's voice, the entire island came to a halt.

"We've all faced a challenging month adapting to the sudden change, particularly during the evacuation of the residents who lived near the test site to a safer area."

Thomas took a brief pause before continuing his speech.

"We need to watch out for each other more than ever right now."

"All I need from my people is for them to hold on a little longer and have faith in their leader."

Just before the camera cut to black, Thomas took a few steps back from the podium and bowed his head to his people.

When he turned around, his expression completely changed, and he lost all emotion.

Just as Thomas was wrapping up his speech, eight enormous security guards in suits were waiting to escort him back to headquarters.

As they drove back to headquarters, Thomas could see through the car window the devastation left behind by the Pillars and his people working slowly to rebuild.

As he saw his reflection in the car window, Thomas realized he needed to speed up his plans while still maintaining some peace and order in Prov Island.

Thomas sat quietly in the backseat for the rest of the journey, legs crossed, eyes closed, and absorbed the peace and quiet.

Thomas and his security guards arrived at the headquarters, and he walked to the massive gates before stopping and turning back to his men.

"Nobody enters or leaves this place without getting permission from me first."

"Yes, sir."

As Thomas walked towards his office, the massive gates slowly closed behind him.

Inside his office, he secured his doors and windows before a hidden elevator appeared next to his fireplace.

Before the elevator began to descend, Thomas entered a code and scanned his eye.

During the elevator ride deep beneath the headquarters, he removed his jacket and rolled up his sleeves.

Thomas caught a glimpse of his slightly messy golden hair falling from the sides.

He pushed it back into place, and for the first time in a long while, he noticed how tired he looked.

After a few seconds, the elevator began to slow down and then stopped. Thomas entered a secret lab beneath the headquarters, where the science team was working nonstop.

Upon entering the lab, you immediately notice that its interior space is significantly larger than its exterior.

Thomas has expanded the lab to its full capacity, filling it with various machines, cables, supercomputers, healing tanks, and research areas.

Additionally, there is a secure section for housing both humans and beasts for the science team's research.

There was a healing tank filled with liquid hovering a few inches above the floor in the center of the lab.

When Thomas entered, he placed his jacket on the desk and went straight to it.

"Science team, give me a full report."

"Sir, we were able to remove all the poison from the subject's body. He is now stable and should wake up in less than six hours."

"EXCELLENT WORK."

With a satisfied smile, Thomas places his hand on the glass of the healing tank, immediately feeling the cold temperature from the glass beneath his palm, all the way down his spine.

"When can we proceed to the next phase?"

There was a long, awkward silence that followed Thomas's question, which infuriated him right away.

"I SAID WHEN CAN WE PROCEED TO THE NEXT PHASE?"

"Sir, with all due respect, we need to be careful and precise. If we're not, the king will discover our activities down here and will wipe out everyone on this island."

Thomas appeared frustrated and impatient.

"This time, the AC-project has to succeed; we don't have much time left."

"Sir, I understand that we are running short on time, but we must be patient and act wisely."

Thomas was now enraged by the situation, pacing in front of the healing tank.

Suddenly, Thomas grabbed one of the lab assistants by their collar and looked directly into the lab assistant's eyes.

"SEND the outside team to obtain a faster solution in order for us to move forward with the plan. Whatever it is, just get it done."

The science team as a whole appeared terrified and distressed, and they were well aware that making a mistake at this point would mean their demise.

After releasing the lab assistant, Thomas turned to take one last look at the healing tank before returning upstairs to his office.

"Notify me as soon as the boy wakes up."

Thomas returned to the elevators while the science team nodded and got right back to work.

As the elevator ascended, Thomas suddenly punched the thick elevator doors, causing his fist to bleed.

'The AC project has to be successful, or the V-clan will perish in the near future, and we will never see another day.'