Star had her window rolled down, a small breeze blowing onto her as Ajax hummed along to the radio. Star was quiet, listening as Ajax shifted the car into drive and pulled out of their parking spot. Voices of people who hasn't gotten lucky with parking walking off towards the student parking lot, students loitering around in the courtyard, and all the other people flooded her ears.

After five minutes of silence from Star, Ajax turned his head towards her while stopped at a red light. Her arm was leaning on the window frame, her elbow hanging slightly out as she rested her head on the arm. "Star, is something wrong?" he questioned, turning back to the front of the car as the light turned green.

"No no, I'm fine, just thinking. I mean, this place is so much different than my old school. No uniforms, it's not an all-girls school, you can basically do whatever! Ajax, I saw kids smoking multiple times throughout the day!"

Ajax laughed in response. "Yeah, avoid the kids who smoke. Probably the dealers too. Honestly, avoid most kids. Man, an all-girls school with uniforms and strict rules? Sounds like hell. I still can't believe you had to live there too, I only got to see you on Christmas and during the summer for two years!" he rambled.

A laugh escaped Star's mouth as she raised her head up, moving her arm away from the window as Ajax pulled the car into his driveway. "There's that laugh I love so much! Don't be all upset Star, sure it's probably a good change but hey, now you can get a boyfriend and finally have some freedom."

Star rolled her window up as Ajax shut the car off opening his door and stepping out before walking around and opening Star's door for her. "Come on, my mom made brownies last night and if my siblings listened to Mom, there should still be a ton left."

"Oh hell yes, your mom's baking is the best!" Star cried out as she followed Ajax inside. "I'm going up to your room, bring me a glass of milk if there's still any brownies please!" she called out.

Ajax had gone into the kitchen, while Star slid her shoes off and set down her backpack before running up the stairs to her friend's room.

She flipped onto the bed, sitting up as she heard Ajax coming upstairs. He balanced two plates and a glass. "Would be nice if you could help me," he said, laughing as Star scrambled up to take her glass and a plate.

"I met a person at school today," Star commented, taking a bit out of the brownie, her face lighting up.

"Oh? Who was it? I sure hope it wasn't some weirdo."

"Her name was Moon, she actually gave me her phone number-" Star began, pulling open the girl's contact on her phone.

The phone was quickly taken out of her hand. "Nope. No way. She is bad news," he declared, deleting the contact as quickly as he could. "Star, you should stay away from her. Man, you're picking bad people to take an interest in. First that Diluc, now Moonshade Myer? I swear Star, you're lucky I'm here."

Star sighed as she set her cup down in Ajax's nightstand. "I appreciate you trying to look out for me but I'm not a little kid anymore Ajax, I.. I think J can make my own judgments."

"Oh fine, but don't tell me I didn't warn you. Hey, your parents are gonna be home soon, you should get going."

"Shit, you're right!" Star cried out. She jumped up, gave Ajax a quick hug, then waved at him. "See you tomorrow morning!" she exclaimed, dashing down the stairs. She quickly slid her shoes back on and grabbed her bag.

Star darted out of Ajax's back door, hopping over his fence, something she has gotten used to doing, and slipping into her house through the back door. Carefully, she went up to her room, and just as she sat on her bed she heard the front door open. Today was a close day.