The teacher's voice droned on and on. History class. Usually a class Star enjoyed, however her teacher made it quite boring. He was probably older than most of the things they would even learn about.

Mr. Zhongli, the oldest teacher at the school. People either loved him or hated him, there was almost never an in between.

"As the war against the nation continued, cities were destroyed, and thousands of innocent civilians were harmed during the fight. The other leaders had no care except to destroy the nation," he  recited, his voice almost hypnotic.

Star yawned, placing a hand over her mouth. His voice could practically put her to sleep. She blinked a couple times, her mouth feeling dry. This room was so warm. She fanned herself with her hand, groaning and leaning back in her chair.

As Star leaned back, a familiar face appeared above her. "Still mad at me?" questioned the familiar voice of Ajax.

Star shot up and turned her head around. Her chair scraped against the ground, causing a few heads to turn towards her, including Zhongli's.

"Stardust, is there something you need to share with the class?" he questioned, staring her down in the all too typical way almost any teacher does.

"No sir," Star muttered, biting her lip and looking at the desk in front of her as she gulped.

As Zhongli resumed his lesson,Star quickly turned back towards Ajax. "I'm not mad Ajax. I just, it's hard to put into words properly, okay?" she muttered. "I promise we'll talk after school."

• • • • • • •

Star slid into the passenger seat of Ajax's car. Despite their fight, Ajax still took Star between home and school. It had been about a week since then.

"Okay, Star, I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have implied anything, let alone that you're still a little kid. I'm sorry, you grew up a lot these past few years, and I'm just so used to being your protective older brother figure since you know, your real one isn't around," Ajax explained, fumbling over his words as he started the car. "Fuck, sorry that was just word vomit."

"No no. It made sense, don't worry. I just think you don't realize how much I grew up while away for school. I'm not a little kid anymore, hell we're both almost adults at this point," Star replied, still not looking at him. Instead, she stared at the floor, fiddling around with her fingers.

Ajax nodded in response. "Look, I don't care if you go to the dance with a kid I hate and my least favorite friend. As long as you're happy I really shouldn't care. You can make your own choices, I know that. I guess I'm just worried for you," Ajax continued, pulling into his driveway.

As they got out of the car, Star walked around the front of the car and tightly wrapped her arms around Ajax. "Okay, so now that we've made up and had our lovely sibling fight, wanna see the dress I got?" Star questioned, moving away and laughing a bit.

"Oh hell yes!" Ajax exclaimed, walking towards Star's house.

The pair went up to Star's room, and the girl disappeared into her closet. After about ten minutes, she came out wearing a sky blue dress. In the front, it went down to about her knees, and was slightly longer in the back, going to her ankles. The dress was open shoulder, and decorated in white embroidery and had blue flowers all over the sleeves and dripping down the waist.

"Holy shit Star, that is amazing! Where did you find that? I know for a fact the mall doesn't have anything like that."

Star smiled. "Diluc took me to a designer store downtown."

Ajax nodded. "Ah yea, I know what store you're talking about."

"Hey Ajax?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I sleep over tonight?"

Ajax smiled and laughed. "Or course you can Star."