"So Star, why're you staring at Diluc?" Moon scoffed, spinning a quarter in front of her.

Star jumped as she glanced over at her friend. "I am not!" she exclaimed, glaring at the girl next to her. Despite her brother's warnings, Star befriended Moon and was now sitting next to her in their shared biology class, the only class they had together besides lunch.

Moon rolled her eyes as she picked the quarter up and shoved it back into her pocket. "You're practically drooling from just looking at the back of his head, it's gross." She paused for a second then smiled. "Hey, wanna come over to my house after school? It's nearby, only a five minute walk."

"I don't know if Ajax will be too excited about that," Star muttered. "He always drives me back home."

"Okay, then tell him you're going home with someone else, use Rosaria as an excuse, she lives just as close," Moon said. "Trust me, she's one of my friends."

Star raised an eyebrow. "I guess, but I have to be home by six today, and I'm not going to use your friend as an excuse."

"All good with me, now hush, class is about to start."

Two classes later, the final bell ringing signaled the end of school. Star and Moon met up at the front of school and began the walk towards Moon's house, Star texting Ajax a vague text of 'going to a friend's house, text you when i need to get picked up'.

After the predicted five minutes, the two girls arrived in front of an old but nice house. "Oh yeah, I forgot to warn you, I have a lot of brothers, and pets," Moon muttered as she opened the door.

The first thing Star was greeted by was two boys chasing each other around the dining room table while a bird sat screaming atop the refrigerator. "Okay okay, come on, let's just get to my room quickly," Moon muttered, grabbing Star's shoulders and practically pushing her through the kitchen and living room and up the stairs.

"Okay, we should be safe in my room," Moon muttered, slamming the door behind her and Star. "So, tell me why you're always around Ajax."

Star sighed. "Well, I've lived next door to him my entire life, and he's the only person my age who my parents fully trust me to be around, and he's also kind of like my older brother, I mean he's always been there for me!"

Moon scoffed. "If you want a younger brother, you can take one of mine, I don't want them."

"No no, Ajax is more than enough to handle, and all his younger siblings feel like my siblings too," Star laughed.

"You know, all of his friends are complete weirdos. I've been with Rosalyne a couple times so I suppose she's the most tolerable, but I swear on my life at least three of those guys are going to kill someone if they haven't already yet, especially Dottore and Kunikuzushi. God, have you seen Kunikuzushi's moms? Both of them are totally hot," Moon rambled.

Star scrunched her face up a bit. "Not exactly interested in someone's mom. Especially not when I can just be interested in him," Star swooned, making a heart with her fingers.

Moon made a fake gagging noise. "Gross, you have horrible taste in boys, I can already sense it."

"No I don't! Hey, what's that really good smell?"

"Oh hell yes, dinner time. Come on, you're going to love it!" Moon exclaimed. "My moms make the best food ever, come on, we need to hurry or my brothers are gonna leave just scraps."