A month of school had now passed. Football, cheer, and dance were in full swing. The beginning of October was here, and the halls of the school were filled with posters promoting homecoming. Alongside the posters were flyers of people promoting themselves for court, lists of events leading up to the dance, and various other things including posters for halloween parties, and even early halloween decorations.

"So Star, who're you inviting to homecoming?" came a voice.

Star practically jumped as she spun around, sighing as she saw it was just Moon. "You scared me! You come from literally nowhere, how do you always just appear randomly?!"

Moon smirked. "That's my little secret. Now answer my question."

"No way, you tell me first, then you'll help me pick who I ask because I'm stuck."

"Oh, you've got more than one option lined up? Fine, I'll tell you, I'm taking Kaeya, and he's bringing Rosaria, who's bringing Venti. We're just going as a big platonic friend group and you're welcome to join us if your options both suck," Moon replied.

"Well, you see it's funny you say that because I don't think you'll like my two options," Star laughed nervously. It was then the one minute warning bell rang. "Oh no, look at that, we better go so we aren't late to class-"

Moon rolled her eyes and grabbed Star's shoulder. "Oh no you don't. Our next class is lunch. Now tell me, or I'll be madder than if you would tell me. Besides, it can't be that bad."

Star let out a small cough. "I was planning on asking Diluc or Kunikuzushi," she muttered.

"Oh my god, I knew it. I fucking knew it. Come on Star, you can't ask anyone else?"

"Come on Moon! Can't you just help me please? I know you don't like them but I do, and I've been talking to both of them a lot recently! Please please pleaseeee?!" Star begged, making puppy dog eyes at Moon.

"Fine, just stop looking at me like that! Come on, let's go to the library and I'll help you," Moon grumbled, grabbing Star and dragging her away from the cafeteria.

As they got to the library, Moon found them an empty table near the back where the librarians would be less likely to hear them talking. "

"Okay, so obviously the first step is to text them both a message, since I already know you don't want to ask them in person," Moon explained, tapping Star's phone. "Then you just wait for a response, and that's about it."

Star's eyes widened. "That's it?! Just text them both? Ok, well if you say so..." she muttered in response. She quickly typed something out on her phone, took a deep breath, then did the process a second time. "There, I did it. Now I just hope one of them says yes."

"Well at least if Diluc says yes it'll be convenient since he lives with Kaeya," Moon groaned. "That is the only pro that I can see here though!"

The two girls parted ways and each went to sit with their respective friend groups to eat, and met up again a couple classes later in biology. Star took her seat next to Moon, eyes widening as Diluc looked at her and smiled.

As soon as he looked away, she shook Moon. "Oh my god did you see that?! He smiled at me!" she exclaimed in a whisper.

Moon rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Hey, has either one of them texted you back?"

Star's frowned as she shook her head. "No, I haven't checked yet, hold on," she said, pulling her phone out. Her eyes widened as she checked her messages. "Moon, they both said yes."