𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

Having waited two weeks before flying to Michigan, Gabriel had gone through this moment dozens of times and found every possible outcome to their reunion from Alex proposing to him to him laughing at his face before throwing him out.

While they stared at each other in the eyes, he raised his black glasses up in his nose while trying to stop his hands from shaking.

"Gabe?" Alex frowned confused. He nodded and opened his mouth to say something, anything but came up with nothing. Suddenly everything he rehearsed disappeared from his mind and he had no idea what to say.

"What are you doing here?" Alex looked at him from head to toe, making him feel insecure.

"I... I came to meet you. What else?" he stupidly said. Alex frowned again but didn't say anything.

Then it was quiet but not the comfortable silence where you could be for hours without getting bored but the awkward kind of where neither knew what to say and were also looking at each other but trying to hide it by looking away like a twelve years olds.

"How are you?" Gabriel was desperate and tried to make small talk before trying to confess his love.

"Good." Alex didn't add any details that he was dying to hear. He hated that he didn't know what he had been up to since their break up. "What about you?"

"Good, nothing special. Just been working and spending time with Élle." Gabriel could hear as his voice started to shake from nerves. Soon he would have to say the real reason why he was here so he would have to prepare himself for a rejection.

But what if he missed him too? What if he would say that he still loved him and wanted to get back together? Deciding to stay optimistic, Gabriel smiled and decided to do it now.

"Actually, there's a reason why I'm here. I know I messed up last year and you have every reason to be angry but if-" Gabriel mumbled nervously but stopped talking when he noticed that they weren't alone anymore.

A beautiful woman was standing next to Alex and she was wearing a light blue bathrobe. She had long red hair and brown eyes and even with the robe, she looked skinny but tall. In fact, she looked exactly like some of those Victoria's Secrets models he had seen pictures of.

The woman was holding Alex's hand while looking at him. The look that she gave him wasn't the I hate you why are you back in his life-kind of stare he expected but more confused as if she genuinely didn't know who he was.

"Iris, this is Gabriel Beaumont. Gabe, this is Iris Bradbury," Alex introduced them to each other without explaining any further.

Although, he didn't need any explanation. Because she was holding Alex's hand and wasn't clearly wearing anything under the robe, Gabriel realized quickly who she was to Alex. But she didn't have any reaction to his name almost like she didn't have a clue of who he was to Alex.

For some reason that hurt almost more than the fact that he had moved on. Was he so unimportant that he wasn't even worth mentioning to a woman he was... dating?

"Hey," Iris greeted him with a kind smile before looking at Alex, clearly waiting for more details. Gabriel was also confused by many things but what he wanted to know was whether Iris knew that Alex was bisexual or had Alex just forgotten to mention about him?

Or maybe he remembered just fine but had just decided not to do it. Maybe it was just a fling to him. No one mentioned old flings to new girlfriends. But if he was now dating someone, he would tell him about Alex and how much those months meant to him and how happy Alex had made him after his divorce. He deserved that much.