𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨

They stayed in that position for a while - a couple of minutes or was it ten, who even knew at this point? - with Gabriel sitting in the wheelchair, hands around Alex who was still on his knees.

The kissing hadn't stopped even though both were in need for extra air because they were finally together after so long and all the feelings, passion, hunger, intensity became too much to resist.

But now they didn't have to resist anymore! They were free to do whatever they wanted without fearing the consequences or judgemental.

Heart beating almost too fast, Alex almost took off his clothes in that second and showed him how much he still meant to him in the most intimate way. But then he stopped for a second and realized that even if he was ready for that, he wasn't sure about Gabriel.

Maybe he wanted to wait longer? He would never pressure him to do anything he wasn't ready for. He was more than ready to wait for him although that only meant more cold showers for him.

Desperate to move to the bed or even the couch, Alex moved his hands under Gabriel and slowly moved him up, holding him as if he was his pride. That's when he had to stop kissing to ask the one question he had to ask in case he had somehow managed to misunderstand things.

"Do you want to go to your room?" he whispered, begging for him to say yes because he didn't know what he would do if he now got rejected.

Still not saying anything, the blonde French man, who had stolen his heart forever, kept staring him in the eyes. Alex could see the numerous emotions behind those glasses but couldn't tell what they meant. He could only hope that some of them were positive.

Suddenly the mood changed when Gabriel bit his lip and looked away from him nervously. Why was he nervous? It was only him, Alex. He should never have a reason to be nervous or scared around him and if that was the case, he had done something wrong. Unfortunately, he just didn't know what it was.

"Yes! I just... I don't know how I'll..." Gabriel couldn't finish that sentence but he didn't have to. He could tell where his insecurities came from and once again, his heart broke a little bit for him

"I can be on the top," he winked. Apparently, humor wasn't a way to deal with this and he immediately regretted that when he noticed the frown on his forehead. "You know you can always say no, right? I'm not leaving. Not now, not ever again. But if this is only because you don't know what it's gonna be like, we can figure it out together like we always do. I love you."

Because Gabriel smiled softly and kissed him quickly on the lips, he knew that he said the right words for once. "Thank you. And don't get me wrong, I want to... do it with you but I'm just nervous. I would have been nervous even before the accident but now I'm even more. I don't want to disappoint you."

"Disappoint me? Are you kidding me? You could never do that," Alex frowned confused, shaking his head almost annoyed. Then, after hearing what Gabriel had just confessed, he made the decision and started to walk towards Gabriel's familiar bedroom.

What he hadn't expected was to find Bernadette there, laying on the bed like a queen in her palace. Then Alex gently put Gabriel down and lifted the cat, who he could have sworn to frown at him, before taking her out of the room. "Sorry Bernie but you shouldn't be here for what's gonna happen. It could traumatize you."

Closing the door, Alex walked back to Gabriel who was still laying on the bed, not taking his eyes off him. The look that he gave him made him feel beautiful and confident, like he was on top of the world.

"You have too many clothes on, honey," Alex smirked seductively. "Why don't we do something about it?"

Almost moaning, Gabriel did as he asked and hurriedly took off his shirt. Taking his jeans off was harder but he managed to do it. For a second Alex thought about doing it for him but he knew him well enough to know that it would only make him feel worse, almost helpless even. Instead he focused on taking off his own clothes.