𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲

The only one who had fallen asleep without a problem was Carlos and even he seemed to notice that something bad had happened because he woke up three times even before 11pm and screamed like a maniac.

Once he had taken care of Grace and Faith and talked with them for a long time, trying to answer their hard questions, it was time to help Maggie.

She was a mess. Once she had truly let down her her guard, she couldn't stop crying and wondering where did she go wrong and what did she do wrong that made Julian cheat and then how much better she was than that cheating asshole and how she will never trust a man again and so on.

By the time it was almost 11pm, everyone had finally fallen asleep. Everyone but him. And he wouldn't even try because he had things to do. One of those was paying a visit to his brother-in-law which he should have done as soon as he heard what had happened.

But by the time he was on his car ready to drive to Julian, that son of a bitch beat him by coming to him. Thank god he hadn't left even a minute earlier.

Hs stayed still, watching Julian get out of the car, looking around with a fear on his face before going to his door, almost waking up his family who he just calmed down enough to sleep.

Not on my watch, Alex thought and ran to him. Without thinking twice, he punched him in the face and managed to repeat it twice before Julian got away. "Alex? What the hell?"

"You will never get close to her again! Never!" Alex shouted, letting out of all of the anger and betrayal he got inside him.

"She's here? I knew it! Why did she get here? I just got home and noticed that she's gone. Did she say anything?" Freezing just for a second, Julian managed to trick him to wonder if he was serious. Of course he wasn't. He knew very well what he had done and why Maggie had come here with tears in her eyes.

"And where were you? It's almost midnight, pretty late for work, don't you think? Who were you with?" Alex demanded answers before hitting him once more. Julian tried to save his face by covering it with his hands but shockingly didn't fight back.

"You think I cheated? I would never, never do that to her! I love her, you know that!" Julian screamed, voice so desperate for him to believe him.

But something happened when he saw the way Julian was looking at him with pure disbelief and horror and Alex stopped for a second to think what if... "She saw you."

Seeing that Alex stopped trying to kill him at least for now, Julian took a deep breath and touched his nose which was probably broken. Good.

"Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about. Ever since I met her I haven't even looked at other women, let alone cheat on her. I don't know what she saw but I didn't do it! I swear! She and the kids... they're my world. You gotta believe me."

Of course that wasn't enough for him to forget everything that Maggie had told him but he was willing to listen. And after Julian was done with all the fake excuses, he would kill him then. "You've been lying to her. Been distant. She saw you with another woman and you went to her house and you stayed there for a long time. What did you do there?"

Immediately an understanding came to his face and then Julian groaned. "Our tenth anniversary is coming soon and I've been planning a surprise for her. Yes, I've been hiding things and even lied, that I can admit. But that woman she saw me with? I was planning to buy her house. She's moving away and her house is big enough even for Carlos. We have met a few times and talked about it.

"When Mags saw me going to her house, it must have been because I was there just to see what it was like inside and maybe we stayed a bit longer because you know, I also talked with her just to be friendly. Nothing else happened! Not that she even tried anything. She has her own family. A kid and a wife! She's a lesbian, Alex. I wouldn't want to cheat on Mags ever but even less with someone who's not attracted to me like that."

Alex wanted to believe but it wasn't that easy. What kind of brother was he if he took his word just like that? "You have any proof?"

"No, it's not like I took photos of everything. The house isn't even on sale yet. I promise I'm not lying! But I have her number if you want to call her and ask? I would like for you to believe me without that but if not, here," Julian answered before taking his phone off his pocket.

Then he did something on it and gave it to Alex. Seeing that the phone was already calling a woman named Rebecca Carver, he quickly put it to his ear just fast enough for him to hear a woman saying, "Hi Julian! What's up?"

It wasn't an old woman but not a teenager either. If he had to guess, Alex would assume that it was a woman in her mid thirties and her voice was very quiet and soft.

"Hey, I'm not Julian. I'm her brother-in-law and I just want to ask a few questions," Alex answered and looked at Julian who was staring at him with raised eyebrows, now looking more frustrated and impatient than anything else.

"Okay Julian's brother-in-law. Do you have a name?" The woman, who he assumed to be Rebecca, continued and sounded almost playful.

"Alex. Are you Rebecca?"

"Nice to meet you Alex. And yes, I'm Rebecca but call me Becks. Now, what questions do you have for me?"

"Is it true that you're gonna sell your house to him? That you've met only to talk about it and nothing else happened? That when Jules came to your home, it was only to look at it?"

Immediately a laugh came out of her mouth and it got even louder and louder. "You think I slept with him? He's married, you know? That's where the whole brother-in-law thing comes from. And he has too much of a dick and less vagina for me."

"Okay, I don't need to hear that. Thanks for answering, bye," Alex rolled his eyes and gave the phone back to Julian who was smirking at him.

"Hi Becks, thanks for helping me," he said on the phone and listened to what she said. "Yeah, I guess she saw us and assumed the worst. It doesn't help that I lied to her to keep this a secret. I know, I'm the worst. Yes, I'll buy her flowers too. Anyway, I'll call you later about the house okay?"

After the phone call ended, Julian had only one question. "Can I now see my wife and tell her that I didn't cheat?"

Staring at him for a few seconds, Alex nodded and even hugged him, more than relieved that his sister still had a good husband and his nieces and nephew had a father who they could look up to. "I hope you know why I had to do that. And the next time I will do the same."

"I wouldn't expect anything less. And there won't be a next time. I think you broke my nose, man!" Julian frowned but instead of going to the hospital, he was in a hurry to get back to Maggie and explain that it was all just a big misunderstanding.

"That house is a good idea, by the way. Your home is too small now that you have Carlos and he will need his own room eventually," Alex smiled.

Inside the house, they agreed that it would be a good idea if Julian waited in the kitchen while Alex went to wake up Maggie before preparing her to listen instead of assuming the worst again. He didn't blame her, though, because everyone would have reacted the same way in her position.

Going to his bedroom, he saw that Maggie was deep in her sleep, cuddling with her tiny son who looked like an angel in her arms. Quietly shaking her, he whispered, "Mags. Wake up, you need to wake up. There's someone for you."

"What time is it?" she mumbled before looking at her phone. "Midnight? Are you kidding me?'"

"Jules is in the kitchen and you should talk with him. I need you to trust me, okay? He didn't do it." For a good reason, Maggie looked hesitant before looking at Carlos almost like she didn't want to leave him. "I can stay here. But you should go. Believe me, he's a good man. I trust him."

Although she looked like she never wanted to see her husband ever again, Maggie nodded before kissing Carlos' forehead. She almost looked scared to hear the answers but luckily she still trusted either him or Julian.

"Okay, little man, soon your parents will be happy again and make out like horny teenagers and we will just have to live with it. And as disgusting as it is, try to remember that it's a good thing," Alex whispered and went to lie on the bed next to his nephew. While trying to listen to what happened in the kitchen, he made the mistake of closing his eyes and accidentally fell asleep.