𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝

After the most embarrassing trip in his life, Gabriel tried to get a flight back to Paris as fast as possible. Unfortunately, there were no available tickets so he had to go to the nearest motel for the night and avoid going out for the next twenty-six hours.

He really, really didn't want to see Alex or Iris anymore and luckily managed to do that without problems. It cost him a bit too much but after getting back home, he was ready to forget that it ever even happened.

At least he tried but it was harder than he thought. What he hated the most was that it wasn't even Alex who hunted his mind but Iris and the way he felt after seeing her holding his ex-boyfriend's hand. He would never forget the feeling when he saw him for the first time.

It has been over only three days since that day and he had been mostly working and interviewing some new employees for the bakery. It was always fun getting more people there and meeting new people. Most importantly, though? It took his mind off Alex for a few hours.

Too bad he had to take a day off this Saturday because apparently he was forbidden to work even a minute more. Of course his employees couldn't really do it but because he knew that they ordered him because they cared, he hadn't put up a fight.

After realizing that another day of laying on the couch just watching television couldn't help tonight, Gabriel did what he usually avoided at all cost.

He went to the club.

Those were usually too full of people for him to be able to enjoy it and the music was hardly ever even good from what he remembered. Everywhere he looked people were dancing or making up or getting even drunker or just doing stupid things that they would only regret later. So no, clubs or even bars weren't really his scene.

But tonight? It was perfect. He had just remembered that he was twenty-eight, divorced with an alcoholic ex-husband and a dead child who wasn't biologically even his. The only man he had loved after that had moved on and forgotten all about him.

To make it even worse, tonight he felt even more lonely when he realized that he only had one friend to call and she had been too busy with work to join.

So yes, he could definitely use a drink. For once he didn't want to be the calm or smart one, instead, he just wanted to have fun and forget all about... everything. He had never really been one to drink a lot and just get wasted, especially after what happened to Cece and even Leo, but tonight was the time to change that.

In a club where he could barely move around all these people, Gabriel was hoping that the funny part came after drinking. Now he just had to choose where to start...

🌷🌷🌷

The headache was killing him.

At least it felt like it. Worst of all, someone was moving in the bed and that someone wasn't him. No, Gabriel was naked and laying wide awake, staring at the wall - his walls - in front of him while trying to figure out who owned the hand that was hugging him from behind.

Did he really have a one-night-stand? This was his very first one and he had no idea what to do. What were the rules? Should he leave? Should he turn around, say hello and see who had fucked him last night?

"Bonjour!" (Good morning) a male voice whispered huskily and kissed him on the neck. His heart stopped for a second or two after Gabriel realized that he recognized that voice.

It was a voice that he had loved for many, many years. The same voice which had whispered the wedding vows to him in front of all of their loved ones eight years ago, the same that had also later repeatedly screamed at how unworthy he was.