SEVEN.

S E V E N

S E V E N .

The Red Bull drivers were on a hot streak, the two teammates had gotten podium for 6 races in a row. Their celebrations getting more and more extreme to one another, the last celebration ending in Max jumping around and falling over the barrier whilst on the podium. Their media had increased, doing multiple challenges per day to share their friendship to the fans. Max had been respectful towards Mick and hers relationship, being even more disgusted when he thought back to the hotel room situation.

"Walker for P1, P1 for Walker," Max slowed down when he heard the radio message, more than happy to let his teammate take P1 this race.

Amelia sped up, moving quicker to pass her teammate, what she didn't account for was the red Ferrari to try and speed past her on the inside. Their tires collided with one another as they spun different sides of the track, the Red Bull driver spinning and crashing under the barrier, the car splitting and fire lighting up quickly. Charles spun into the tires on the inside of the track, smacking his hands on his dash whilst swearing. Max carried on racing, his car spinning slightly as he tried to avoid his teammates spinning car.

"Fuck! What the fuck! What the fuck!" Max's radio message echoed through the silent paddock, no one whispering a word as they watched Amelia's vehicle go up in flames. "Is she okay?" He saw the red flag wave in front of him and smacked the steering wheel, "fuck! Is she okay?"

"No information yet," the radio message was glim, the short stumble in his voice making Max panic as he went into the pit lane.

Charles climbed out of his car, looking over to where the red bull had gone, instead he was only met with the flames going up. Without even thinking he ran towards the barrier, taking the fire extinguisher off of the Marshall, spraying it more desperately than the Marshall did.

Amelia pushed out of the vehicle, sweat coating everything on her, her breathing became laboured as she tried to kick herself free. She braced herself before placing her gloved hands onto the halo, that was slightly aflame from what she could see. Charles pushed forwards with the extinguisher, ignoring the Marshalls around him, what remained of the vehicle was about to explode and everyone could feel it. Amelia stood up through the flames, jumping through the gap that Charles had made for her, he quickly dropped the extinguisher and pulled her towards him, pulling her further from the vehicle to get her away from a blast if it came.

Mick jumped out of his car, going to look at the monitors in the garage, he pulled at his hair as he saw the car up in flames. The mechanics quickly grabbed ahold of him, calming him down before he rushed back onto the grid.

"Get off of me!" He struggled against them, pushing them to get away from him, "Is she still in there?" He wasn't speaking to anyone in particular, only pointing at the screen as his voice broke.

"Yes."

"Fuck! ihr Idioten!" His natural language came out as he hit the desk, pushing his way out the garage.

"Schumacher! Stop," hands pushed against him as he walked down the pit, until he reached the red bull driver who turned around to the chaos.

"Mick," Max was interrupted by the blond grabbing him and throwing him against the wall, his breathing laboured in Max's face. "Calm down," He tried to grab ahold of Mick to shove him off but instead ended with a fist coming into contact with his face.

The Red Ball garage grabbed ahold on Mick, shoving him backwards and away from Max who was now holding his nose.

"She's only there because you dropped back! It was your responsibility to make sure Charles didn't get in front of you!" Mick yelled towards Max, not logically thinking through the words coming out his mouth.

"I didn't see him! How was I supposed to!" Max shoved back through the crowd, who only held him back to avoid more violence.

"She's out." The voice cut through their fighting, Mick and Max turning to look at each other before shrugging the hands off and walking towards the computer screens. Charles was holding the Red Bull driver, pulling her further from the smoke whilst she tried to catch her breath.

Mick tried to stable his breathing, wanting nothing more than to go out there and hold her. Max looked at the Haas driver and the look on his face, he gently placed his palm on Mick's back, both of them having an understanding on what they were feeling.