Security Cameras

Author's Note~

Warnings:
• Swearing

This is kind of like a final part to New Normals, but whatever. I won't officially label it because it doesn't have anything to do with New Normals except that Mike is back to work after his and Mary's divorce. That's it.

So.
Yeah. :D

Also, you'll probably understand this more if you know the storyline of Security Breach. The more you know, the better you are. If you don't know any, don't go do research just for this one skit. Just ask questions in the comments and I'll answer them. ^^

Enjoy!

~ ~ ~

P.O.V: Michael

"Ain't nothing gonna break my stride, nobody gonna slow me down," I sing quietly as I work on the paperwork for the Pizzaplex. I continue to sing "Break My Stride" by Matthew Wilder as I do part of my busy job.

"Mr. Afton?" Jeremy's muffled voice says. There are a couple of knocks on the door. "May I come in?"

"Yeah, of course," I call, a slight chuckle in my voice. I don't even know why he's asking. He and Vanessa are always allowed in here, especially when they have a question about their job.

Jeremy comes in and closes the door behind him.

"What's up, kiddo?" I ask him with a small smile. His father told me recently that he's had some issues with his anxiety lately, so whenever I see him, I make sure to greet him quietly and with a smile. It seems to be working well. Every time I see him, he always seems apprehensive. But once I smile and start to talk to him, he's calmer.

"One of the cameras has been on the fritz," he tells me. "I almost lost a kid earlier because of it. Sunny went ballistic, and he tried to leave the Daycare with me to find her."

"Did you find her?"

He nods his head. "She was hiding in the basement underneath Faztheater. Thank goodness that the endos weren't on. Probably have a lawsuit on our hands."

"I'm glad you found her. Did Sun decide to ban her from the Daycare? Or will he keep her around?"

"Banned. He told me to tell her parents when they come to pick her up."

I grimace. Never good when someone is banned. But, hey, at least Sun won't have a constant troublemaker on his hands.

"Tell me about it," he responds to my reaction. "I hate giving out those pins."

"Have Vanessa do it," I suggest jokingly.

"Glitchtrap is still being a pain for her. She didn't even come in for work today," he says, chuckling. But the laughter is sadder than normal laughter. I understand why it's sad. "Have you checked in on Gregory yet today?"

I nod my head. "He was excited to see that I had breakfast for him. I brought him some chocolate chip pancakes, strawberries, blueberries, and bacon. He was so happy."

"I bet! Must be glad he didn't have trash pizza for breakfast for the billionth time."

"I still don't understand why he doesn't go to the orphanage," I say quietly. "He won't tell me why he won't go there. I can't help him."

Jeremy shrugs, his face indifferent. "You said that kids were jackasses to you at Miss Iaea's when you were a toddler."

"I only had trouble because I couldn't save my twin a serial killer," I tell him, rolling my eyes at the memories. "Gregory doesn't have a backstory like that. And Hurricane has grown, too. Right now, he's just an orphan living behind my restaurant. Well, more like an entertainment center, but still."