Chapter 5

****EDDIE'S POV****

I had a bad feeling when I took Y/N home earlier... I could swear I heard her yell something but I had to run. I should've checked on her. I was tossing and turning in bed, I kept waking up with the sinking feeling she wasn't okay... I rolled to lay flat on my back and stared up at the ceiling. I knew she wasn't in immediate danger or anything. But... Something felt off when we got to her house... I sighed and scratched my head when the phone rang. I hurried to get it because Uncle Wayne will be pissed if he gets woken up.

"Hello?"

"Eddie?"

"Y/N? What happened? Are you okay?" I asked as worry started to build up in my stomach.

"I... I got caught sneaking out!" She cried.

"Baby... Where are you calling from?" I whispered as I grabbed my watch off the counter to see the time, Three AM...

"The diner..." she whined.

"Why ar... I'll be right there. Don't move." I half whispered as I grabbed my keys and hung up.

I didn't bother with a shirt or shoes, she needs me and for some reason she ran out again. I hopped into the van and let the engine warm up for a moment before stepping on the gas and speeding down the road to find her. What the hell happened? Whatever it is it can't be good considering she snuck out again... When I got to the diner I Instantly regretting not grabbing a shirt and shoes. I had on one sock and my boxers. I rolled my eyes as I poked my head in and saw her. She locked eyes with me and ran for the door.

"Where are your clothes?" She asked as we walked out.

"Well... I was trying to sleep then my girlfriend called me to tell me she ran away and is at a diner? I wasn't thinking of what to wear. Let's get in the van." I explained as I helped her in.

I got into the driver's seat and saw she was shaking and had been crying.

"Baby... What happened?" I asked as I reached for her hand.

I wasn't quite sure what to do... She doesn't cry all that much and the last time she cried I ran away after beating the shit out of her ex... I reached over and pulled her into my lap, adjusting the seat to make space for both of us. She had explained what happened. Her parents knew she snuck out and they found her birth control pills... And now... We aren't allowed to see eacb other... And yet here she is... I let her cry some more before speaking up.

"That... Was a lot. And I'm sorry. I shouldn't have had you sneak out..." I sighed as I rubbed her back, "This is all my fault."

I could feel guilt weighing down on me, I never wanted her to get in trouble. 

"But it's not, Eddie." She said as she faced me.

I reached up and wiped a tear from her cheek, "I was the one who asked-"

"I think we both lost count of how many times I lied and told my parents I was staying at Robin's or going over to the Wheeler's to babysit the kids... My mom snuck out when she was my age too. This isn't just your fault." She explained, "I should've just said I was going to Robin's. I got too confident."

I knew what to do... But I don't know how she'll take it. But it's best to rip the band aid off now...

"Baby... I know. I know you're upset but... I think running away wasn't the best move here... Your parents are gonna go check on you again and you'll be gone again and we both know it'll only get worse. So... I'm gonna take you home, watch you climb your pretty little self back into your window, and you're gonna try to sleep. Tomorrow we will ditch school and go to our spot to figure out what to do next. Just because your parents want us to stop seeing each other doesn't mean it'll actually happen."