Prologue

Y/N POV

Arriving at the airport of Los Angeles with your trusted vassal. I looked around wearily feeling anxious about starting a new beginning with such limited resources. My vassal has noticed my troubled look. 

Connor: How are you feeling, your majesty?

Y/N: *sigh* I haven't started living here... yet it's quite obvious that it wouldn't be easy. Also, you can stop calling me that anymore. As of right now, you and I are completely equal. 

Connor: As you wish... Your majesty... *chuckles softy*

Grunting in annoyance at his remark, Connor continued.

Connor: Yes. It wouldn't be. However, you wouldn't starting completely empty handed.

Y/N: *nods* Yeah...

...

Y/N: Connor, thank you for everything... And everyone who helped. 

Connor: *sighs* If I may be frank, your majesty. 

Y/N: *grumbles* Connor... again no more 'your majesty' stuff.

Connor only chuckled once more in amusement. I sighed in annoyance then hummed in acknowledgment and gestured him to continue.

Connor: You know, sooner or later they will come looking for you. 

Y/N: *frowns* I know... Please, if you can, please do whatever you can to make sure they don't find me. 

Connor merely gave a silent nod knowing full well that there would be many bumps in the young prince's path. He vowed that he will do all he can to support you with your decision. Y/N and Connor needlessly moved forward to 

Arriving at a small apartment... Connor and I unpacked my stuff. I merely brought simple clothes and some essentials to be inconspicuous, not wanting to attract too many attention.

Y/N: ...and that's the last of that. *huff* Thank you again, Connor. Your help was invaluable and I wouldn't be able to make this far without you. 

Connor: *nods and smiles* It's always an honor serving you, Y/N. And now, I must go. There's still so much to do to make sure they can't track you.

Y/N nodded thanking Connor again as he left to go back to Yin Dhao Xiu. 

Y/N: Next.. I need to find a job. Connor did gave me a bit too much money just in case of emergencies... 

I've taken some thought of possible jobs I can do like being a teacher, a janitor, or a shop owner. Suddenly, an interesting idea pops up. 

Y/N: *smiles* I got it... a candy shop owner. 

With a new found determination, I set out of the apartment in pursuit of my next goal. With nothing in hand nor any idea, I simply braved on, not wanting to fail now that I finally have a brand new start I wanted. 

(AN: No meeting with K/DA yet. It's still just a prologue and everything. Let me know what y'all think. Also you guys might be thinking of "why a candy shop owner?" It would be revealed why in the future chapters)