5.The Unexpected Trap He Was In

Damn! The scorching sun was too much. He turned sideways to continue his disturbed sleep. But the unexpectedly loud groan from someone so near to his ear made him even more irritated that he sat up to shut up the person. To his surprise, there was no one around and the bed he slept on had gone missing too. It was his agitated squeeze of the grass bed that he sat on that made him remember he was not in his room. Raksharan, yes he was in the mystic forest and the fall. "Sana!" He looked around, no signs of her. "Oh!No!" Had he lost her forever?

He had finally decided to give a chance to their new relationship, a new start. The sense of loss that he had never felt before was too uncomfortable to bear. It was like the fish he had caught with such difficulty and let it slip by without ever getting the chance to put it in the bucket of water.

He was so lost in his remorse of not cherishing the special reward he had gotten that he failed to notice the two eyed grass, Hussa who was busy scratching his hand to get his attention. The troubled four tendril grass was really getting frustrated and wanted to bite him, but sadly, even though he had gotten eyes to see the maddening behaviour of his newly emerged master, he was not bestowed with the teeth to hurt the man in front awake from the woeful mood he was in. Nevertheless, the tired Hussa tried one last attempt to get his attention by needling the back of his palm through one of his sharp roots, wanting to hurt him, making the man bleed, yet stopping at the last moment, curbing his dark intentions. Thankfully, the new master of his fate finally placed his eyes on him.

Hussa, the weird creature he had trusted to save their lives, seems to have succeeded in keeping him safe. He should have been happy that the strange being of Raksharan whose life was tied to him didn't turn out to be a disadvantage. It was just that he did not have in him to ask if she was still alive. How funny! The courageous warrior he always thought himself of, was falling short at the current moment.

Picking the black eyed grass up with one of his green tendril, he brought him to his eye level and stared at him for a while, hoping the worst hadn't happened. The stare had always worked wonders for him, he needn't even open his mouth for questioning and the person infront spills everything he knows in fear. The stoic face of interrogation, he was known for in the prison of traitors, Raatgar. His father, the lord of Astra, Masheer Mahant, had always kept important positions for his family, especially him, even if he had to work to death to keep his multiple positions afloat. It was not like he hadn't complained to him about it while putting forth his opinions for delegation. It was his enlarged eyes and twisted mouth at the idea of his that made him feel ridiculous at the moment that had shut his mouth forever in front of his father. Loving and caring for him was one thing, but interfering in his way of ruling Astra was another matter altogether.

The intimidation that worked in Astra seems to have lost its power in Raksharan. Failing to see any reaction on Hussa of his stare, he shook the weird grass in frustration and uttered, "Sana" in such a low voice that he wondered if it was even audible. "Oh", uttered couldn't have been more obvious of his incomprehension. The Raksharan being seems to have finally lighted his lamp of intelligence and spilled the details he was terrified of knowing, yet so damn curious to get it out of the four tendril green grass.

Thank goodness Sana was alright. He didn't think he would be able to bear the burden of her death. Keeping aside the guilt of staying alive, he had grown to her presence. He couldn't even imagine himself alone in this mystic forest, forget about moving forward and facing Chaya. He closed his eyes in relief and gathered his mixed emotions, the moment he opened his eyes back to Hussa, he was the confident next lord of Astra interrogating all the particulars while he was in deep sleep of a complete day and night. The sun slowly moving to his left made his worry rise like the bird flying away with its prey in its beak. The fish caught in its beak in such lightening speed and accuracy that he wondered if the worry in him had decided to follow its route, not giving him a chance of breathing in calm. Even the cryptic description of events in Hussa's words did not seem credible to him without Sana's presence. It was some weird sensation on the fingers supporting the hanging Hussa made him doubt a little if the being was hiding something? Or was it all his current fretting that made him paranoid? Such slight vibration on the tip of his fingertip holding the black eyed green four tendril grass couldn't be signs of betrayal, afterall his lifeline was the blood running in his body, it would be a fool's endeavour. In the short span what was a surety was Hussa was anything but a fool. The grass might be jumping around like a half wit, but he knew what was best for him.