15. The New Journey Enfolding For Her

The silence surrounding them all had finally broken when Mahesh asked her how she had gotten her wings and everything that happened in the past few days in details. As she was contemplating on how to tell them about this. Rishi put a hand on her shoulder stopping her from revealing anything. She scrunched her face in confusion as she turned to him as if waiting for his reason. But the man didn't say anything instead walked to her brother-in-law and uttered few words in his ears. Now it was Chaya had questions which Mahesh didn't reply instead shook his head, gesturing with a finger near his mouth to be quiet.

Chaya didn't understand what the two young men were being too secretive about. Ignoring them, she pulled her sister near to her to sit down. The standing for the entire day since Miri's death made her legs ache in pain.

Leaning to the wooden wall at the other of Samras pot was her sister who closed her eyes, the tiredness radiating from her in waves. She too followed her actions, but the pain in her wings made her realise that she had retrieted it to her invisible shell. Funny may it sound, but the fact that there were wings on her back had eluded her. The wings had truly become her own and it hadn't been just a week since the first appearance of it.

As she was getting amused of her behaviours, the sudden words from her sister flew away her smile.

"Since when did you realise you are not an Astrarian?"

The when part had always been there since she couldn't join any specialisation in Tarashala like others. It was just that she wasn't sure or thought how could such a thing even happen. Such possibility was her imagination. It wasn't until her wings emerged that she really felt the truth of the matter. Now that she accepted her current reality, her question didn't stung her much.

She turned to Chaya whose eyes were searching for something in her. She raised her brows in silent questioning, but she didn't say anything, just waiting for her reply. She didn't know how to say that she always knew she was not their own. Feared abondment and hogged all the affection of their parents which she could now see was unfair to her sister even if she had no resentment towards her.

"Why do you not hate me?" Sana asked a question of her own instead of confronting the truth with her sister. It seems that her habit of running away from difficult circumstances would not go so soon.

The puzzlement on her face couldn't have hit her more strongly than her reply. The woman infront who was known as the best healer of Astra whose intelligence she had been compared to all her life was this dense or plain blind to the realities of emotion or she was just being her generous self.
This time she didn't evade the confusion hung between them both.

"Our parents", that were the words she hoped would open her mouth about the things that bothered her always. She had always happily given her anything she asked for, not understanding that each generosity had slowly been increasing her guilt, even if she had never wanted such a thing for her dear sister, but could she runaway from the result of her actions done in fear of abondonment? Even if Mahesh hadn't pointed the fact, she understood that she had cling to her parents too tight to give even a slightest room for her sister.

"Oh!" Chaya rounded her mouth, not saying anything further on that. Closing her eyes yet again to rest.

Sana seeing her so nonchalant couldn't contain her emotions and grabbed her arms to turn Chaya to face her. Even though they both loved each other, the sisterhood bond was not deep like they both had wanted.

Opening one of her eyes, she lazily gave her a look as if saying why bother about things that had long passed. Seeing her sister's stubborn gaze at her, Chaya sighed out and dug deep the memories that had buried with time.