6.The Lows And Highs She Felt

Air! Air! She wanted it now. No, she needed it. She opened her mouth to gulp as much as possible. But no use, she could hardly breathe. Darkness all around, everything was blur to her vision and she just wanted to sleep. No! She wanted to get out of this place.

She felt too sleepy and weak to walk to that brightness which was so near, yet felt so far at the moment. She was now lying on her stomach in the struggle of breathing. Not sure if she even had it in her to reach the escape door of the darkness she was currently in.

She clenched her teeth and slowly dragged her body forward with the support of her forearms. The scratches made by the rough ground kept her awake as she slowly moved ahead at the pace even slower than the snail. The moment she reached the edge of the awful place, a sudden burst of energy boosted within her. It was probably the light falling on her downturned palm that brought the strength to her upper body as she lifted her body above the ground with the support of her palms bearing the weight that her legs still refused to bear. But it didn't stop her escape as she was now finally free, not letting the slight scaping of her skin deter her new found happiness.

She drew in huge amounts of air within her, not bothering with the fact that she still could not gulp as much as she wanted yet. Few moments passed in the attempt of getting her breathing back to normal. That kind of trap and terror flowing within her still brought shivers down her back, making it hard to turn around and see who was the tormentor of her life.

Now that she felt a little better, she left her crawling posture and sat down. The knees were bleeding slightly, though the pain and weakness she felt a little while no longer stayed with her. After a while of rest, she stood up and finally looked around and what a sight it was to behold. Incomprable felt too short for it.

Flowers. Of every kind one could think of or something she had never seen in her life or had ever dreamt. The brightest yellow one with smaller pink ones surrounding it or be it the weirdest dark purple ones which she never ever thought a flower of such a colour could even exist. The wonders were no less in this mystic forest. The best of all was the scent that she wanted to lose herself to and so she did. Closing her eyes, enjoying the smell, she danced around in merry as in there was nothing else that was worth looking around.

Here up above not far from the dancing fairy with flowers swaying with her, there was a man bound to a branch of the tree just few steps from her. With his hands, mouth and legs tied with a dried stretchy brown rope which was no different from the crawling plant he once stepped on, he saw his wife crawling out of the cave panting and struggling for breath. If that was not enough of a torment, that he now saw her getting lured into Akshi trap designed for low level sea monsters used in Astra.

The image of her getting shrivelled thinner and thinner with time and finally disintegrating to nothing remerged the dying struggle within him. He twisted left and right while calling her in muffled voice, not feeling the pain his useless twist brought to his body drenching his clothes in sweat and blood on the creeper ropes.

Something or someone was disturbing her dance of joy that she opened her eyes in anger, wanting to glare and beat the disturber. But to her surprise there was no one around and then it hit her. Where in the hell was she? The horror at the reality of her current situation made her curl herself in fear. Thanking the invisible disturber to awake her which in turn protected her from an enternal doom she was not ready to succumb to.

Sitting in the middle of the field with the joy of brightness in front and the fear of darkness at the back, she was in an illusion which could not be broken. She curled herself, hiding her face in the knees which was clutch tightly by her hands that her whole body was aching. She had never felt so alone. No one around her to protect. Not her loving parents and her elder sister. Not even the indifferent Rishi who vowed to protect her as husband. How was she ever gonna escape this dreadful place by herself? She was neither intelligent nor strong. Please help! A deep cry wrenched from her heart as tears flowed like rain from her eyes.