9. The Remorse She Felt

Ra now held her hand and was about to cut her finger for her blood. If Mahesh was fine, his sister should be safe too. It was just that nagging voice in her that made her hand tremble. If she was a Raksharan, then her blood wouldn't have ability to determine if Chaya was alive.

The doubts she shared with the bear couple made them hesitate to continue the ritual Jinda, pale pink revealed life while the black would send the loved one to grave. In the end the emotions rose above rationality and Rishi's assurance that she was the daughter of Aunt Amakshi with such conviction made her push her finger closer to the dagger Ra was holding.

The female bear held Sana's wrist with her human hand and slowly brought the knife with her bear palms, making a fine cut on her right index finger. The blood drizzled on the liquid emitting a sweet smell. The golden fluid waited for  the arrival of the scarlet liquid wanting to become one with it and so did it happen, in a way it hadn't mixed with anyone since ages.

Samras's attempt to own the red fluid was failing, but it didn't stop. Each drop falling was for it to swallow within, leaving nothing waste to the ground.

The bear couple grew closer with each drop mixing, the inexplicable agitation gripping made them look at each other. They hadn't felt this level of panic for a long time now. Pa's eyes started twitching while Ra's nose had gone red. The signs of danger from within made them hyper aware. The dark cave which had been their home for a decade now felt omnious, slowly creeping towards them in an attempt to engulf everything they own.

On the other hand, Rishi and Sana were paying such rapt attention to the encirclement that they failed to feel the hidden danger. The space within the cave had narrowed, the distance to the entrance increasing from their position. Sana's urge to draw breath was reaching its edge. She knew that she couldn't withstand the current condition for longer. The golden liquid had been putting off the colour change far more time than necessary and then it happened. The await ended.

The Samras that had been spread in the circle at different spots changed its colour to blue in a speed that wasn't seen earlier with Rishi. The newly turned blue liquid was on a roll braking the encirclement and approaching them. Sana surprised at the appreance of unexpected colour turned to bear couple to question its meaning.

The bear couple ignored the silent questioning of the girl and separated themselves hurriedly at the sight of fast spreading dark blue liquid making its way towards them. Their home was now inhabitable in presence of the weird substance. Pa giving a loud shriek rushed to the entrance while not forgetting to tug his wife along.

Seeing the blue colour rapidly spreading as the bear couple ran outside the cave as if they were to be lit made Rishi and Sana on guard as they followed behind the bears to the green field of flowers where Riri and other butterflies were waiting for their return.

The dark blue coloured liquid didn't seem to leave them alone and followed them out of the dark space, slowly covering the green field with its colour leaving nothing untouched within its reach. Sana turned back to see her follower, but Rishi feeling her distraction quickly held her wrist and continued following the bears and butterflies. The beast instincts at the moments of danger had always been spot on and the blind trust put on the bears as he chased behind felt right, even if his breaths became shallower with each step forward.

Sana controlled her urge to turn her head back and tried her best to keep up with Rishi's space despite feeling the pain from his death grip, if he pressed any harder her wrist was sure to break. What had happened? At one moment they were waiting for the result and in next they ran as if a bull was chasing them behind. It was just a blue coloured liquid, even if it did touch them as it spread rapidly, what was the harm? So many questions running around with her pacing along disturbed  her to the wits' end.