Chapter VIII: The Celestial Sages' History

It was the next day. Nova wanted to tell me about the Celestial Sages' history, as well as the history of the Gaara race as a whole. She began telling me the following:

Gaara are a humanoid race with some differences from humans. The first difference is the fact that they have pointed ears and enhanced hearing, making them able to hear almost any sound at any frequency.

The second difference is that they do not have any eumelanin in their skin under any circumstances, which means that their skin will never darken. They are also immune to skin cancer, and there is a different substance protecting them from ultraviolet rays, or rather not protecting, but transforming ultraviolet rays into energy for them, which is why they can survive without food for very long periods of time if they are exposed to ultraviolet light. The only exception are hybrid Gaara, who can have their skin darken.

The third difference is that Gaara are all deathly allergic to any kind of milk, regardless of its contents or what animal produces it. They do not breastfeed and instead supply their offspring with energy that they obtain from ultraviolet light. Basically, the Gaara parent obtains energy from ultraviolet light and transfers it to their offspring through a spiritual connection. If a Gaara does consume milk in any shape or form, it will result in intense vomiting until all the milk exits its system. This includes dairy products such as cheese, cream, sour cream, ice cream, and so on. This also includes any products that contain milk, such as dough cooked using milk. Hybrid Gaara are not exceptions to this rule.

The fourth difference is that Gaara have a way wider range of hair and eye colors than humans do. Gaara hair also does not lose color as they age, and retains its color all throughout their lives. They also cannot suffer from alopecia (a medical condition that causes balding). Hybrid Gaara are not exceptions.

The fifth difference is that Gaara age slower, and they live longer (usually from 100 to 200 years). For example, Astra and Zeneca look like preteens, despite being in their late teens. Heimdall and Varna are in their forties, but look about two decades younger. All throughout their lifespans, they retain the same level of strength, vision, hearing, and smell. They also do not develop diseases related to aging that are common in humans. Hybrid Gaara are not exceptions.

The sixth difference is that they cannot experience mental illnesses. Hybrid Gaara are not exceptions.

Now, about the Gaara history. Gaara are a species of unknown origin. The only thing known about their origin is that they appeared around the same time as humans, however, they appeared in their complete form and did not evolve. When humans were basically apes with primitive stone tools, Gaara were already beginning to build their civilization on Asgard, a floating continent separate from Planet Earth, but within Earth's atmosphere. Their language was the true earliest written language. However, Gaara did not share their knowledge with humans, as early Gaara were arrogant and deemed humans to be below them, and thus unable to understand their language or technology. The ancient Egyptian civilization was entirely separate from the Gaara, however, they did communicate with the Gaara on a few occasions. Other ancient civilizations before ancient Greece were also independent of the Gaara.

However, the ancient Greek civilization did have a lot of contact with the Gaara. The two civilizations shared quite a few similarities, and the gods of Greek mythology were Gaara. Even though their tales were changed and greatly exaggerated, some things in them were true.

The Roman Empire also had a lot of contact with the Gaara. Many ancient Roman rulers were either of pure Gaara blood or were hybrid Gaara. Up until the Middle Ages, the Gaara had a lot of contact with humans. They protected and enlightened humans, and peacefully coexisted with them.

However, the Middle Ages came, and with them came disaster for Gaara. The Church and especially the Inquisition were unhappy with the existence of Gaara. They believed Gaara to have been created by Satan, and that they had crawled out of Hell to destroy humanity from the inside out. Many Gaara were tortured and murdered, however, the civilization lived on. One of the most notable figures in the Gaara dark age was Queen Kalai'an. She was a hybrid Gaara with dark skin, dark red hair, two pairs of horns, and white stripes on her dark skin. For the medieval people, she was a demon, but for her people, she was a symbol of beauty, and her beauty was mainly in her uniqueness.