CHAPTER 9

Miss Lennox was never glad about the fact that the omega even being a ten-year-old was still schooling without getting proper etiquette of how to be an ideal omega and a housewife. Harry was getting mature and the omega will be blooming within two or three years. The old alpha often wondered how his mother was so indifferent to the growing omega and his disastrous future if he was not master in his cooking skills. Who would ever want an omega with degrees if they do not know about baking bread to feed the family?

On the other hand, Harry was ready for a rebellious movement only to fulfil his goal of writing letters to his far away best mate like the alpha's mother and brother did.

The little omega was over the moon when Louis's first letter arrived at the mansion little not even nine months, nine months and eighteen days to be precise( According to Harry's marking in the calendar he kept beside his side of the bed). The letter arrived on a misty Wednesday morning after three long years of being uninformed anything about Louis. The postcard and mailman were like a beam of light in the dark that carried hope and delight in the form of words.

Harry could vividly recollect the incidents of that morn clear as the reflection on the water on the forest lake. He cannot distinguish the difference between sky and earth when Liam informed him of the news. He found Bernadette unwrapping the piece of paper with watery eyes when he entered her room running out of breath. She unfolded the paper in a rapid movement.

Harry wanted to take a look at it! He wanted to. But it is very rude to interrupt the mother, isn't it? It was written for her after all.

Liam tugged his hand and pulled him towards the room. He mentally thanked his gesture and gradually stridden toward the Lady.

Harry observed how the mother was inhaling the scent of chocolate that was lingering over the surface of the slightly flaxen-coloured paper. The sense of that alluring scent mixed with the sweet smell of sandalwood, probably the smell of the glue he used to wrap the letter.

He seated his gaze on the scribbles on the paper which were definitely unreadable. Did Louis' handwriting get even worse?

He waited for an eternity, he will even wait for another eternity just to get a glance into that piece of paper. Harry bit his fingernails to bleed without even noticing it, peeking at the letter standing beside Liam.

Bernadette held the letter close to her chest, the words her son had written for her, adapting the feeling of slight relief from her plight after three summers. Harry studied each feature and watched the tears that were creating a fountain over her rosy, slightly wrinkly cheeks.

Liam wiped her cheeks with his hands, endeavouring in a futile attempt to console his mother. She passed the paper to the twelve-year-old alpha with a feeble and soft smile grazing over her lips. Liam ran his vision over the utterances of the letter. The first words from his brother after so many years. Liam's lips broke into a delighted smile after reading it. Now, Harry wanted to get to know the content of the letter that made Liam beam like this and made him weep through the smile.

Harry knew, he knew that he was not related to Louis at all and that only his family got the opportunity to read the letter. That was the truth, ultimately! Regardless it hurt the boy deep in his heart that he was waiting for his dear mate to return to his home and catch sight of him even for one last time in his being, yet how can he accomplish his only prayer even though he was not able to find how his friend was doing!

He beseeched every God he knew to grant him a chance to get a glimpse of the first letter written by his beloved alpha.

Harry stepped to Liam's side desperately and ended up standing behind the taller lad. He peeked past the boy's shoulder to the letter which was unnoticed by Liam. He slightly poked the alpha's back with his right index finger, fiddling with the thread of his frock that reached past his knee. He small whimper escaped from his lips along with some drops of tears. He was pathetic for this and he hated every bit of it.