Chapter 9

This is definitely the longest chapter yet, so make sure you comment throughout it to let me know what you think :D

Enjoy !

Surprisingly, Harry doesn't wake up with a pounding head or covered in vomit. However, he wakes up with Louis attached to his side, a leg thrown over his thighs and his head resting on his chest as he lightly snores.

Harry tries shifting away, but even the tiniest move causes Louis to frown and snuggle closer, which. Okay.

He gives up and decides to try and maybe get a bit more sleep; he's on break anyway, might as well.

-

When he wakes up again, Louis is gone, having left behind a cold spot on his chest and scrambled sheets. Harry gets up from the bed and walks over to the bathroom so he can brush his teeth and change into some new clothes, because he kind of stinks.

He finds half of the frat boys downstairs scattered around the kitchen and the living room, each one of them having a different type of breakfast, one looking more hungover than the other.

Louis looks at him with cereal-filled cheeks when Harry sits down at the bar. One of the pledges is making coffee, so Harry kindly asks him for one and a bowl of cereal.

"So what are you doing over winter break?" Louis asks him, probably to fill the silence and make conversation.

"Um...I don't know. I'm probably going to stay here since...you know. I mean-I don't know if you remember last night and what I told you about my mother-"

"I remember. S'okay."

"Great then." Harry breathes. "What about you?"

"I'm going back to Doncaster for a week since me mom just gave birth to twins. Thank God she gave birth in November otherwise those twins would've stolen my thunder."

"Why?"

"We'll they're born in November and I was born on Christmas Eve so-"

Harry is taken aback. "Wait your birthday is in less than a week?"

"Yeah?"

"And you're not going to have a huge party for your twenty-first birthday?"

"Sadly, no I won't. I will be home probably trying to avoid accidentally walking in on my mother breastfeeding," he says and Harry cracks up, which makes Louis smile. "I will be drinking with my mates though, probably spend New Year's there too before I come back. Been a long time since I've seen everyone." He adds.

Harry nods and changes the subject, wondering what he can do on Christmas and New Year's Eve in Florida. He went to LA last year with Nick and his friends during winter break, because going home to an empty house clearly wasn't an option, although he spoke on Skype with his sister, Gemma.

"You're going to stay in the frat house right?" Louis asks him as he hands the empty bowl to the pledge.

"Probably. I mean, if it isn't any trouble-"

"Harry, if it were trouble, I wouldn't have asked you to temporarily move in in the first place. Also, no wanking or fucking in my bed."

Harry is relived to hear that, so they change the subject to last night's shenanigans, purposely leaving out their talks.

-

Louis leaves two days later, so Harry takes his bed because it's big and comfy and smells really good. Nevertheless, he doesn't really like thinking about what possibly happened on it.