Chapter 18: The Daily Life of these Adventurers!

"MARRY INTO THE ROYAL FAMILY?! ARE THEY INSANE?!"

"Stop yelling. I'm right here."

After reading the letter Sena gave me from the royal family, Megumin's been pacing around the living room and yelling for the past 10 minutes.

"'Bravery and fighting skills', heh, yeah, that's a good one." Kazuma chuckled, tossing the letter aside.

"Oi, the one about my fighting skills is true."

"Defeating one of the Demon King's generals is a heck of an achievement, so I'm not really surprised that the royal family took notice of you." Darkness commented from her seat while sipping tea.

"I wasn't the one who defeated him, though! I only fought him because he said that he won't kill humans. I'm the biggest coward in this damn city!"

"That's right. I don't know what they're on about! It was a team effort and they only noticed Y/N?" Kazuma whined beside me.

"You're just salty that you didn't do anything the entire fight."

"I didn't do anything?! I carried the whole goddamn fight!" He shouted.

"Oh yeah? Who fought the general all by himself? Who erased the seal from his mask? Oh, and who erased Aqua's stupid magic circle?" I counted on my fingers raising my voice with each sentence.

"Hey! My circle wasn't stupid!"

"I gave the order for Megumin to blow him up!"

"Oh wow, you're right, you contributed sooo much." I said, basically spitting out venomous sarcasm at him.

"If it wasn't for me stepping in between you and Vanir-"

"How can you chat like nothing happened?!" Suddenly, Megumin shouted, slamming her hands on the table.

"Huh? What, something happened?" At my comment I saw Megumin's eye twitch.

"The marriage! The marriage happened!"

"Oh, that. Don't worry, they only view me as a potential candidate. There's also the matter of this whole meeting and stuff." I said nonchalantly.

"Being a potential candidate is more than enough! This is the royal family we're talking about! If they set their mind on something, it's over! We can't do anything!" She yelled, and with a groan laid on the floor.

"That's right. And that's exactly what we're gonna do."

""""Huh?""""

"I won't go to this meeting. I'll just pretend that the letter was eaten by some monster, or never delivered in the first place." I said and lay on the couch.

"This can't be that easy!" Megumin got up from the floor.

"Why are you so against it, Megumin? I mean, I get that Y/N is our friend and a party member, but aren't you being a little too furious?" Aqua, out of all people, spoke out.

"Oh! That's right! I suddenly remembered a very interesting thing that our all-seeing demon said." Kazuma said and looked between me and Megumin with a grin.

"Megumin, run!" I shouted and wanted to flee, but Kazuma managed to keep me down.

Megumin only looked between everyone with a worried expression. Her eyes finally landed on me. She had this look in her eyes. I already knew she wasn't going to listen to my orders.

"Oh, now that you mention it, didn't Vanir say that you two are in a secret relationship, when we were inside that dungeon?" Darkness chimed in.

Everyone waited in impatience. I decided to bury my face in the sofa and let Megumin do the talking.