Chapter 45: A Beauty Contest for this Naughty Divine Relic!

In the Axis Cult Church in the suburbs.

"Hey Aqua! What's going on?!"

Kazuma heard that Aqua was getting ready for tonight's festival. And so he grabbed me against my will to shout at the sole culprit who started this mess in the first place.

We barged in on Aqua, who was having a toast with Cecily.

"Ah, Kazuma, Y/N. What's wrong? Why do you two look so panicked?"

Aqua was holding a wine glass in one hand while the other stroked the yellow chick resting on her knees. Cecily stood next to her like a servant, ready to serve her master.

"And why do you look like a cartoon villain? That's why we can't have nice things. No matter how small the victory, it always gets to your head."

"Excuse me? I look like anything but a villain, Y/N. No villain would be so competent and smart as me—not even the Demon King!"

Aqua boasted with a prideful smirk, making her hair flow with one move of her hand.

"You're right, Aqua-sama! If you felt like it, you could defeat that stinking Demon King on your own with a single blow. Of course, getting to him would be too much of a hassle, so I understand your passive role! Life is the best when you don't worry about the important stuff and just relax and do whatever you want!"

Cecily cheered on her goddess with a quick nod and a confident smile, saying the worst life lesson ever.

Kazuma looked like he was losing patience with every passing second.

"What's that look for, Kazuma? Ah, wait, I know. You smelled a banquet and came over for some free food, right? I guess there's no helping it, then. You two may not be Axis cultists, but you do deserve some of the credit this time. Come here and sit by my side; I'll share some yakisoba with you both."

Aqua spoke casually and started taking out some plates with food.

"Now's not the time to eat, moron! What the hell is this?!"

Kazuma shoved the proposal from Darkness right into Aqua's face.

"Eh? Isn't this the proposal I made? 'First, from next year onwards, change the festival name to the Goddess Aqua Thanksgiving Festival and disassociate it from the Eris Church. Second, relax the restrictions on Tokoroten Slime...' Hey, I don't remember writing that second one!"

"I wrote the second point, Aqua-sama! I worked really hard this time, so I think I deserve a reward!"

"I see, that's fine then. So? What's wrong with this?"

Aqua turned to us with a blank face.

"There's this thing called reading comprehension."

"Everything's wrong with this! Tell me what the hell this is about!"

Faced with the fuming Kazuma, Aqua looked perplexed, as if she didn't even realize why he was angry at her in the first place. She turned to Cecily again.

"Hey, why do you think Kazuma's so angry? Is it because we didn't invite him to our celebration?"

"I don't think so, Aqua-sama. It must be because we didn't include his wishes when we wrote the proposal."

Aqua looked like she had a stroke of genius. She nodded and swiftly wrote something on the proposal before passing it back to Kazuma and announcing proudly:

"A new, third point: 'From now on, swimsuits will be the official uniform for poster girls during the festival'."

"This doesn't sound too bad."