Chapter 35: The Nobles Ways!

"Thus, we'll now hold a strategy meeting on how to break through the heavily guarded mansion and meet Darkness. Honestly, I would've preferred to discuss it in the living room, but..."

"I-I didn't know this guy sold me a live cabbage! I already said I'm sorry...!"

After meeting up with Kazuma on the road leading to our mansion, we swiftly returned home to inform the other two about the situation.

We were sitting on the floor in Kazuma's room since half of the mansion got wrecked by a wild vegetable.

I won't call any names here.

"Alright, nevermind that. Going back on topic, I already thought of a basic plan on how to get to our stubborn Crusader."

"Kazuma's really excited. So the marriage between Darkness and that fat pig's the talk of the town now? I know Darkness has bad taste in men, but this is really outrageous. And also the fact that the divination of that leery devil's coming true..." Aqua furrowed her brows, cradling the egg.

"Wait, but wouldn't Darkness' father have something to say about all of this? I doubt he'd agree to marry off his only daughter to this fatass. But if what Vanir said really is true..."

"Do you think something happened to him?" Kazuma asked.

That's right, Vanir did mention a misfortune happening upon Darkness' father.

The first half of the divination came true, so it's safe to say that the second half was going to as well. Unfortunately.

"We know the extend of that devil's powers. Like Aqua said, his divination is slowly coming true, so something happening to Darkness' father and her house is highly possible..." Megumin cast her gaze on the floor with an uncertain frown.

Then, a distressing silence befell the room.

"But s-should we really trust this devil?" Until Megumin started hesitantly. "Devils won't help others if they don't gain something from it. Even though everything's going like he foresaw, I don't know if we can trust him. If we can return to the Crimson Demon village, we can ask a great fortune teller onee-san that I know..."

"I don't know how helping Darkness will benefit him... In fact, I'm only working hard on developing my products just in case it'll be of use for Darkness as foretold by the divination. Even if the divination fails, there's nothing bad about developing merchandise."

"And we don't really have any other choice right now. This is the only lead we have, so it's always better than nothing." I added.

"In any case, we won't know anything if we won't ask Darkness herself. The letter only told us that she wants to leave the party, so we don't know much more than that. But if we forcibly meet with her, she'll have no choice but to clear things up with us, am I right?" Kazuma beamed out eagerly.

The girls, overwhelmed by Kazuma's eagerness, could only nod their heads in agreement. I'm not surprised, to be honest. He never gets excited like that, so for him to be this enthusiastic was out of the ordinary to say the least.

Megumin, for the first time in days, had a beaming smile plastered on her face.

I on the other hand could only rub my stomach.

My head was full of uncertainty and doubt.

I was frustrated at myself. But there was no way I was gonna drag them down because of this.

In the corner of my eye I saw Megumin's concerned gaze on me.

She didn't say a word.

.