Chapter 22: Hans, the Deadly Poison Slime!

"Slay the demons! Defeat the Demon King!

"I know it's a bad time to tell all of you, but I'm afraid of heeeeeeights!"

We all somehow floated away on Aqua's raiment. The angry crowd of Axis cultists following close behind.

"AAAAAAA-"

"Stop screaming, or else they'll know where we are!" Kazuma put a hand over my mouth to silence me, while still in the air.

What was coming out of my mouth was only a muffled sound, until we landed in an alleyway.

"Pha! That was a lie, actually. I'm not afraid of heights." I spoke out as soon as Kazuma removed his hand.

"Then why were you screaming?" He asked.

"Just... felt like it..."

"Everyone!" Aqua clapped her hands together to get our attention. "I think the water source is the problem."

"That makes sense." Megumin agreed.

"If I can purify that, the hot springs should all just turn back to normal."

"Alright, then lead the way, and let's get this over with so we can head home."

Following what I said, a shout came from behind us.

"There she is! I found the wannabe!"

We sprinted through the entire town towards the springs water source.

"Why do you want to save the people who are currently chasing us?!" Kazuma growled.

"But they're my daring faithful..."

"If they're so faithful, why don't you tell them off?!"

.

.

"Come on! I'm an Arch-Priest with the Axis Church! Here, look at my adventurer card!"

Standing before the gate leading to the source of the hot springs, Aqua was arguing with the two guards stationed there.

"You can't go in, Arch-Priest or not. The overseer said to not let anyone in." One of the guards said.

"Well, we tried. I'm gonna go grab a carriage to Axel-" Megumin restrained me silently.

"Honorable members of the Axis Church... It's important that you do this. It's the right thing to do."

"What a master of persuasion..."

"By letting us through, this town will be-"

""Oh, we're in the Eris faith."" The two guards said in unison.

"Whyyy?! Come on! Let us through!"

"Should I do something, orrr... I mean, I think that I could silently incapacitate those guards, but that would be kinda illegal... I think?"

"No means no, miss."

"Go on, head back home."

"Wait a minute! You know, you're kinda... pretty attractive, in a way. You've got this red dragon profile to ya! Really cool!"

"I refuse to believe she just said that."

"Are you saying I have a lizard face?!" The guard snapped.

"N-No, I... Ughh, Fine! If you really don't want to let us in... I'll tell the Axis Church that you, Eris sect members, were saying terrible things about our faith." She said menacingly, with her eyes glowing a deep blue color.