Part 1. Before the wedding

I winnowed directly above the house of wind. My wings flared out on instinct but not enough to stop my knees scraping the ground as I crashed into Mor's open arms.

I knew Cassian and Azriel would be nearby.  Before I sent the Tug on the bond to see Feyre one more time I had spoken to them mind to mind letting them know I was on my way home.  Mor saw me shattering in a way I'd never broken before and she winnowed us to the townhouse and sent a flicker of her power to lock the door allowing us to be completely alone.

There were 50 years of things I needed to tell her... wanted to tell ... but all that came out was.

"She's my mate"

my voice broke as my body fell into bone shattering sobs.

Time passed...

I couldn't tell her what happened ... I didn't have it in me to say everything out loud so I let Mor into my mind so she could see.

When she exited my mind she hauled me up to my feet and walked me to my bed. She laid beside me like we did as children .

"Mor... she thinks I'm
A monster... I did horrible things under mountain she will never forgive me... she... she did unspeakable things just to save tamlin.... She loves him...enough to wreck her soul ... yet I'm nothing but a monster..." I whispered finally able to voice some of what swirled in my mind

"You have every right to bring her here ...you can show her what you're like when you're not a prisoner yourself." she said.

"I can't... Mor..." I stammered

"Why the hell not Rhysand... she's your mate... do you think for one second that Tamin with that temper of his can care for her the way you can. "

"I love her. " I interrupted.

"Mor.. I love her , but she's in love with him... I love her enough that if she is happy with him then I won't do anything to stop it ... I can't ." My voice trailed off and she looked at me as deeply as I could since her gift was finding the truth.  I'd had lovers , but never,  not once had I been in love, even considered saying those words out loud and Mor knew.  It took a while before she spoke again.

"You are not a monster... you never could be ... we will figure this out .. all of us together... " she sounded almost as broken as I felt searching for words to fix me.

The objection to her words lay on my tongue when she continued.

"Sleep... Rhys. Sleep then start a plan tomorrow..." She said lovingly and I closed my eyes.

I woke as dawn had crested the mountains, Mor sleeping softly beside me. I felt numb but I forced myself to  Get out of bed . I tucked the covers tighter around Mor kissing her temple. I got a long hot bath and dressed comfortably. I trudged down to the kitchen. As I reached the bottom step a pair of wings shadowed the frosted glass of the front door. I sent a tendril of my power opening it for Cassain who charged at me full speed knocking me back into the wall locked in a hug that could break ribs.
"Good to have you back Brother. " he said as
Az strolled in just behind him and clapped a hand on my shoulder.  I suspect that one of the twins was responsible for their arrival as well as the full breakfast already laid out for the three of us.

"It's good to be back... I missed you both ." I'm not sure that simple statement conveyed everything I needed it to but looking between both their hazel eyes I knew they understood.

We sat down to breakfast... Cassain and azriel shovinging in eggs  and porridge as fast as they could . I ate some but mostly just sipped my tea . Cassian finished the last bit of eggs on his plate.