Bonus scenes.

I wanted nothing more than to stay at the cabin for another week or ...two. Not just for the mind blowing sex but the intimate moments inbetween. Ferye softly sleeping on my chest... not that either of us got much sleep. I wanted her fingers tracing over my tattooed skin, her hands drawing lazy lines down my wings, just soothing, loving lines. Twisting my fingers in her long hair. My callous scraping over her softest skin. Even just simple loving kisses on her forehead, or her kissing my shoulder or my back  between my wings.  I promised Ferye I would be a male of reason I wanted to go straight to Valeris but I secretly worried about my restraint , Cassian is the only male alive that could withstand the primal rage , but a camp with 10,000 male warriors was not my ideal way to test my limits.  But he was just outside of my deamani range.

We landed just outside the house. I hoped the open air would help. But damn the caldron Cassian was waiting for us
"Well it's about time." Cassian drawled laced with pure arrogance...
My mind stilled, like all water behind a dam had suddenly been expelled. I snarled at him praying to relieve some of the primal itch below my skin.  The bastard just laughed. As he laughed he reached up to tie back his hair, the muscles of his arms flexing in the golden sunlight.
"Hard ride." He said. Not one ounce of fear, he was enjoying this. Ferye... Ferye's friend. My brother, not a threat, I tried to tell myself.
"When he bashes your teeth in, Cassian, don't come crying to me." Ferye warned... Cassian flashed that charming smile and crossed his arms showing off his chest and abs muscles
"Matting bond chafing a bit Rhys?"  Fight it.... Fight it, I told myself.
"Ferye doesn't look to tired... maybe she could give me a ride ."  My fist connected with his jaw and we both fell into the mud. Cassian had said he would beat the hell out of me when I finally mated Ferye and no matter how many times I pounded him he just laughed , he was enjoying this. Which made me fight harder. We had fought thousands of times before but we always knew our limits ,not truly harming each other, the bond wouldn't allow me to rationalize anything other than keeping them damper of my magic and keeping it a purely physical fight.  I finally started to tire. The infusion of primal rage from the bond started to ebb... Cassian sent a hard punch in my ribs hard enough to knock him slightly off balance , not enough off balance that a standard warrior wouldn't catch but I saw it with my temporally enhanced sense. I slammed my elbow deep into his rib and felt a  sobering crunch. He staggered back, throwing up a warning hand. His other arm wrapped around his chest.
"Cass?" I asked  tentatively.  Moving forward to get a closer look on his injury when suddenly my world spun from the upper cut he threw with a wicked laugh.
"Cheating bastard ." I spat the blood in my mouth out as he helped me up out of the dirt clapping my shoulder as we both limped into the house laughing.
"The look on your face when you actually thought you'd finally beat me after 500 years was worth it!" Cassian howled.  Just as we got to the front door, Ferye scent hit me. My nostrils flared and Cassian opened the door I sauntered over to Ferye and leaned her over the table commandingly thankfully Cassian and Mor vanished.

After a family dinner at the townhouse we flew to her family's estate. Soaring through the night sky with Ferye in my arms brought me so much joy. I kept a soft shield around her to keep her warm.
" Would you want to learn to fly?" I asked her softly. She didn't answer and I looked into her face to find her sleeping in my arms. I laid soft kisses on her temple.  She stirred slightly but only to nuzzle into my neck.
"I love you Ferye". I whispered in the shell of her ear,But she had already fallen back into a deep sleep. I increased the soft shield to keep her warmer.  We touched down at her family estate and I carried her up the stairs to the same room we used before and placed her softly on the bed kissing her softly till I fell asleep beside her. Morning came much too fast as we waited hand and hand for the queens.
We showed them Velaris. The golden queen moved unnaturally when she dropped her handkerchief. We locked eyes and I knew she had betrayed the queens and given us the book.  I quieted trying not to reveal too much ... The queens tried to rattle feyre by revealing the contents of my letter. I saw clearly in Ferye's eyes that she understood that letter was weeks old, her eyes glittered with starlight and love at me.  I was so distracted I hadn't noticed that Mor and the queens and now nesta had continued debating.  I stilled and tried to debate how to end this deteriorating meeting before anyone else knew the book had been dropped below the queens skirts. Cassian met Nesta in the middle of the room and stunned me.