The attack

I tried to tell her all day the next day. But fear crept up every single time. Flying high over the steps she finally called me out on my withdrawn attitude today.
"What is it?" She asked.
"There is one more story I need to tell you." I told her... I was at home the most in the sky. I've only ever h felt her happiness was with my wings...  she placed her hand on my cheek.
" I don't walk away . Not from you." She promised. I was ready. Here in the sky I loved.
"Ferye~~" I started to tell just as blinding pain shot through my wing, followed by a crescendo of pain throughout the rest of my body and multiple arrows tore through me.  I boomed my wings despite the nauseating pain but it wasn't enough we were falling... I summoned my powers but I didn't have enough... I saw a volley of arrows coming at us... I pulled every bit of strength to my powers to shield Ferye , the arrows lodged in my wings because I didn't have enough strength to cast them far enough away.  I summoned my strongest current of night and threw Ferye into ... I love you I whispered with the last of my strength as I flung her...I blacked out from the pain of smashing into the ground.

A whip cracked and my back stung with enough pain it drew me out of my blackout. Ferye... where was Ferye.... Another whip... I felt for the bond... nothing ... not just any kind of nothing.... Hybern. A whip cracked. I tried to take a inventory, my wings felt like they had been sheared, maybe beyond repair judging by the pain. I couldn't lift my head enough to see them. My senses we dulled... poison?  I feel at least one broken rib I can't fully feel my arms the way they are stung up in the stone chains.  A whip whooshed though the air but I didn't feel pain... I saw shadows and blood... Azreil?  No... Ferye winnowed to stick a different set of captors.  Proven in in my state Primal fear for her safty raged within me, I didn't have enough in me to lift my head, but I wanted to save her.  The blur of noise quieted and I felt her hands on my face. Warm and wet with blood. I tried to speak to her, but she left me. I feared she was a dream till my knees slammed into the ground along with one arm at my side.  Soon enough my other arm drooped.
"Rhys" she said. Her voice is like a symphony to my heart.
"Rhys, we need to winnow home." Home.... She wanted us to go home... I reached for my powers but couldn't summon it, my body was too ravaged.  My mate was depending on me to get us home, get us safe and...
"Can't" was all I could rasp... more pain came from that word on my toung than all the arrows in my wings, the poison and broken bones inside me. Home... She wanted to go home and I can't....
"Hold on" she said to me.  I was wrapped in a soft light...for a brief second I thought that was that place that's after here, but dampness filled my nostrils and I slammed into cold wet stone.  The ache in my wings making me want to pass out worse than before Ferye winnowed us to relative safety.
" I have to get these arrows out." She said to me. I dug my hands into the dirt floor of the cave.
"Do it" I told her.

The care she told to saw the arrows to do what she could to save the precious membranes of my wings was worth the shuttering pain it cost. She told me of painting. I felt her in the bond I clung to her to help with the worst of the pain. When she's told me of her painting the cottage  I felt unworthy. She not only cared enough to save my wing, she understood pain, and gave me what she could, distraction.

She pulled out the last arrow and my wing drooped behind me. I felt as she moved around to where I was braced into the floor.
" you saved me" I told her as I lifted my head as much as I could I explained the ambush, the stone...
"Rest" she implored as she went for the blanket. I realized then most of my clothes were gone. The soldiers must have removed them to whip me. My leathers and boots would also fetch a fair amount of gold for a lowly soldier alone not to mention the weapons and coin in my pack.   She returned and put the blanket around me and moved my head into her lap.
"I was looking for you." I said as I fell Into the abyss of unconsciousness.
..................................................................................